Senior Engineer - Full Stack
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
- Work with Product Owners to estimate and design effective, scalable and maintainable solutions that meet business & technical objectives
- Work closely with web development and software design team for production, modification and maintenance of web applications
- Develop and unit test software that meets business requirements and technical design
- Work directly with other JCPenney IT associates as well as JCPenney business customers to communicate technical capabilities
- Troubleshoot pre- and post-production implementations
- Propose new ideas when there is strong business value and stay up to date on the latest technology trends and techniques
- Create clean, organized and modular HTML and CSS code, leveraging current techniques, tools and libraries
- Crafting solutions for multiple layout and issues across multiple browser
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
- Design and build user interfaces and services
- Demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals.
- Continuously test your software to fail-fast and fail-forward to ensure the best user experience.
- Communicate effectively with remote and distributed teams.
- Take pride in owning what you build, support it in production and continuously monitor and evolve it to improve performance, scalability and ease-of-use.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of overall software development experience in both front end and back end technologies
- Experience building REST Services with Java or Node.js.
- 4+ years’ experience building high-performant, heavy-traffic sites using JS Frameworks (React, Angular, Ember, Redux, Typescript, Bootstrap etc.)
- Strong development experience in Java technologies, Spring Framework and relation databases (preferably PostgreSQL, Oracle).
- Experience in NoSQL (preferably Cassandra) and cloud computing (preferably AWS).
- Ability to write clean, modular, reusable code (using design patterns) and experience with unit-test driven approach to development
- Experience as a member of a UI design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors (PostCSS, SASS, LESS)
- Knowledge of build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Grunt) and Continuous Deployment (Jenkins) is nice to have
- Experience with Adaptive/Responsive Design Principles
- Experience with Data Structures, Algorithms, and general Computer Science Fundamentals
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile/Scrum teams
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Node.js and the NPM package ecosystem
- Micro service architecture experience and knowledge of GIT for version control.
- Drive performance to accomplish team goals in a fast-paced environment
- Redux/Redux Saga
- RESTful API
- Containers (preferably Docker)
- Open source Java frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot, Spring Cloud)
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Senior Engineer
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1084715
J.C. Penney Company Inc.