This position creates and manages Demand Plans for Direct Import product to achieve in-stocks, service levels and fill rate objectives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS ROLE:
• Performance Standards
- Meets established performance standards for the role consistently, including (but not limited to) sales, in stocks/customer service, profit, inventory turn, productivity and attendance
- Assist in providing an accurate and high-quality Demand and Production forecast supported by Sales & Operational Planning process and knowledge of statistical methods.
- Review and analyze production plans & allocation using systems mainly PPS.
- Consistent PPS Management to monitor exceptions and ensuring to address action plans.
- Monitors weekly sales and order forecast to ensure service level and in-stock objectives are met
- Prepares weekly reports to help review sales, inventory and receipts history; analysing sales and receipt patterns, determining exceptions on regular basis
- Identify improvement and develop new analysis/reports to support business.
- Coordinates with JCP Demand Planning team to manage projections given to direct suppliers
- Performs analysis to uncover opportunities and risks and communicates recommendations to the Production Planning Dallas team.
- Need based communication and coordination with Direct Import replenishment vendors regarding forecast impacts, production needs and fill rate issues
COMPETENCIES NEEDED TO PERFORM EFFECTIVELY IN THIS ROLE:
• Character - Is authentic, transparent, fair and honest in interactions with others; keeps confidences; does not misrepresent self for personal gain
• Competence - Is skilled and has the experience required to do their job; understands and keeps up-to-date on competitive practices, market and industry trends, information and technology affecting their business and uses this knowledge to make effective decisions
• Courage - Will stand up and do what’s right for the business and team even if the decision is not popular; will act in accordance with beliefs despite criticism
• Service-Oriented - Gives full attention and consideration to the needs of others/customers, listens well and seeks to understand another point of view to help find the best solution or outcome; communicates clearly and effectively; provides helpful assistance to others/customers
• Cooperates - Actively participates on the team by sharing information; has positive attitude and is open to new and different ideas; works productively with teams, seeks win/win solutions, puts the priorities and needs of the larger organization ahead of individual needs
• Builds Relationships - Develops and fosters positive relationships with others over time; shows appreciation, support and respect for different styles, backgrounds, perspectives and needs
• Thinks Critically - Interprets and processes information and ideas using logic and reason; develops sound conclusions based on evidence and data
• Takes Initiative - Shows interest and takes action without being prompted; is motivated and resourceful in achieving successful results in a timely manner
• Solves Problems - Uses information, experience and knowledge to develop quality answers and plans to challenges and issues; actively looks for ways to help satisfy needs; is a continuous learner and pursues a high standard of performance
• Detail Orientation - Gives careful attention to details and ensures nothing is left undone
• Organization / Time Management - Plans and structures work; prioritizes tasks based on impact to sales, profit or customer experience; executes tasks in an efficient manner
Education and Experience Requirements:
- MBA, Graduate with equivalent work experience
- Allocation, Planning, Buying, Merchandising, Inventory Control, Supply Chain, Finance, Retail Stores
- Analytical, communication, time management, retail math, financial concepts, inventory management, team player/collaboration, sense of urgency
- Requires Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access and other reporting tools.
Roles that feed into this one:
External hire Laterals – Roles this could feed into laterally: Promotion – Roles this could feed into upward:
Demand Planning Analyst
J.C. Penney Company Inc.