Provides sourcing support assistance through contract process execution, supplier profile/market intelligence updates and specific source maintenance/follow up, as required.
1. Assists in the development of appropriate sourcing opportunities by providing up-to-date supplier history/capability research and supplier "account" maintenance.
2. Assists with operational support for contract merchandise for samples, Quality Assurance checks, documentation, supplier-buyer/customer communication, shipments and payments.
3. Provides responsive communications and background analysis for the development of supplier/staff profiles and market updates. Also assists in market research activities.
4. Supports smooth, efficient and effective Buyer/customer visits by assisting with trip planning and supplier meetings. Also supports the negotiation process by providing pertinent information, as required.
Reports To: Merchandise Manager/Senior Merchandiser
Supervises: Assistant Merchandiser
Direct Import Volume: N/A
Knowledge & Skills:
Education: College degree or equivalent business experience.
Experience: 2 - 4 years of retail or international trade experience
Specialized: Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken
1. Operational improvements, as required.
1. Works with Merchandise Manager/Sr. Merchandiser / Operation Managers
2. Works with Buyers and / or Sourcing Managers
1. Makes daily operating decisions.
J.C. Penney Company Inc.