This job posting is no longer active.
Accounting Analyst – General Ledger Support
Salt Lake City, UT
With varying degrees of supervision, develops, implements, and operates reporting and analytical activities within assigned functions. This role will also support the effective processing and accumulation of financial data and its timely presentation to operating management.
- Performs assigned reporting and analytical activities in order to provide timely delivery of financial information to appropriate Company management that accurately measures financial results and enhances decision making.
- Develops, implements, and conducts projects and analysis, as assigned, to ensure that proper and cost-effective controls are included in systems and processes.
- Develops and refines techniques that support reporting standards, controls, and measurements for management’s use.
- Collects and compiles data and presents oral and written reports to support development, implementation, or evaluation of analytical and accounting-related programs and procedures. Identifies areas in current systems and procedures that should be reviewed for improvement.
- Develops or supervises the development of proper written documentation for all finance, analytical and reporting-related processes in assigned functions.
- Assists in review of account reconciliations including research and analysis on reconciling items.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Analytical, Decision Making, and Conceptual Skills
- Thorough knowledge of procedures, systems, operations, standards, and reports that apply to financial reporting.
- Experienced user of SQL query tools
- Cross-functional enterprise understanding and the ability to lead cross-functional projects
- Demonstrates ability to lead multiple processes
- Experienced with data mining and independently able to find and analyze data to provide recommendations to management.
- Capable of managing workload and prioritizing multiple responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand systems.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and drive results
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related major OR 5 years of progressive reporting and analytical experience with exposure to multiple aspects of these functions.
- Familiarity with Data Mining and Lean Tools, as well as Microsoft Office products, Oracle R12, AssureNET, and ReconNET software tools preferred
- Lean, Six Sigma certification a plus
If you are interested in learning more about how you can join our dynamic team, please contact us at [email protected] AND apply online at https://jobs.jcp.com/
What you get:
Our downtown Salt Lake City office supports JCPenney nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401 (k) Savings Plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free parking, onsite gym, self-serve/pay cafeteria services, and a Utah Transit Authority pass.
If you are interested in learning more about how to join our dynamic team, please contact [email protected] For more opportunities to join our team please visit us at www.jobs.jcp.com
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Accounting Analyst - Ledger Support
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States -
Job ID: 1084617
J.C. Penney Company Inc.