This job posting is no longer active.
Temp-to-Hire Customer Care Representative 1
Provides basic customer service via the telephone and other media sources with the primary objective of taking sales orders or suggesting additional products and/or services.
· Provides customer service via telephone and other media sources to take sales orders.
· May assess needs and suggest alternative products or services to drive add on sales.
· Operates a computerized system to enter sales information or conduct basic tracking/information gathering for jcpenney merchandise orders.
· Communicates with customers regarding availability of merchandise, shipping information, method of payment, transportation charges and other component costs of current or previous orders.
· Submits adjustments for simple, shortage, promotional, damage and incorrect pricing on previous orders.
· Performs job functions within established acceptable performance standards to include production and accuracy.
Skills and Characteristics:
· Ability to appreciate the customer’s perspective. Exhibits customer service by showing empathy, patience, and treating a customer the way they would expect to be treated.
· Good verbal communication skills: Positive attitude and approaching issues with an optimistic “can do” spirit, active listening to fully understanding and acknowledging the issue before addressing.
· Interpersonal skills: Being able to read the needs of the customer and adjust behaviors to maximize service and sales.
· Satisfactory writing skills as applicable to keyboarding communications.
· Understanding of basic mathematical skills, including complex percentages.
· Understand and professionally communicate customer inquiry procedures and policy to customers, as the situation may dictate.
· Possess advanced customer relations skills, including active listening, empathy, conflict resolution and organized problem solving skills.
6 months – 1 year similar tasks.
J.C. Penney Company Inc.