This job posting is no longer active.
Are you someone who has passion for providing word-class customer service and first call resolution in a fast-paced retail call center sales environment? Well…being a Customer Care Representative 1 at JCPenney might be the position for you!
The Customer Care Representative 1 provides front-line customer service via the telephone and other media sources with the primary objective of taking sales orders while suggesting additional products and/or services. Strives for first call resolution by providing excellent customer service.
- Provides customer service via telephone and other media sources to take sales orders.
- May assess needs and suggest alternative products or services to drive add on sales.
- Strives for first call resolution with customers
- Operates a computerized system to enter sales information or conduct basic tracking/information gathering for JCPenney merchandise orders.
- Communicates with customers regarding availability of merchandise, shipping information, method of payment, transportation charges and other component costs of current or previous orders.
- Submits adjustments for simple, shortage, promotional, damage and incorrect pricing on previous orders.
- Performs job functions within established acceptable performance standards to include production and accuracy
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Ability to appreciate the customer’s perspective by showing empathy, patience, and treating a customer the way they would expect to be treated.
- Good verbal communication skills: Positive attitude and approaching issues with an optimistic “can do” spirit.
- Active listening to fully understanding and acknowledging the issue before addressing.
- Interpersonal skills: Being able to read the needs of the customer and adjust behaviors to maximize service and sales.
- Insightful product knowledge to drive sales. Private brand awareness and the ability to drive customer loyalty.
- Comfort level with suggesting additional products/services to customers
- Possess advanced customer relations skills, including active listening, empathy, conflict resolution and organized problem-solving skills.
- Understand and professionally communicate customer inquiry procedures and policy to customers, as the situation may dictate.
- Satisfactory writing skills as applicable to keyboarding communications.
- Computer keyboarding and navigating capability to multi-task during customer interactions.
- Understanding of basic mathematical skills, including complex percentages.
- 6 months – 1 year similar tasks is perferable.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Customer Care Representative 1
Location: Lenexa, KS, United States - Customer Care 10500 Lackman Rd
Job ID: 1084550
J.C. Penney Company Inc.