As the Assistant Manager – Human Resources you are accountable for contributing to profitable sales growth by attracting, retaining, leading, developing, training and engaging store associates.
- Customer Service & Sales – Models and holds team accountable for outstanding customer service. Actively listens to customer issues to resolve problems. Maximizes sales and service by ensuring staff is scheduled appropriately. Drive planning and execution of events and credit card acquisition.
- Talent Acquisition – Responsible for sourcing and screening non-exempt talent and proactively partnering with store leadership to deliver a consistent hiring process. Ensures the Talent Tryout/On-Boarding process is effectively utilized.
- Developing & Retaining Talent – Partners with store leadership team to ensure the team is receiving ongoing feedback and coaching, continually walks the store to enhance the leadership team’s ability to develop associates. Supports and actively participates in the succession plan for the team. Ensures the Human Resource Supervisor is conducting new hire orientation and schedules training for all associates. Oversees completion of state employment laws and company policies. Assists with the administration of the Productivity Standards Program.
- Engaging Talent – Partners with store management team to address associate relations, engagement, recognition and inclusion activities. Leads Diversity and Inclusion efforts in the store. Develops a strategy for associate relations based on the Store Engagement Survey, identifying opportunities and drives the action plan to achieve improvements and reduce turnover. Provides guidance to associates regarding company policies and procedures. Responsible for the implementation of company policies and works to manage and resolve associate issues. Conducts regular Town halls and training sessions to promote positive associate relations. Manages associate relations investigations to ensure prompt, effective and remedial investigative responses.
- General Operations – Owns store payroll function and store scheduling process, ensuring the store achieves profit and expense targets, delivers exceptional service and maintains associates engagement.
- Omnichannel – Manages training and coaching on all Omnichannel initiatives, owns the Omnichannel process, including Buy Online Pick Up In Store, Ship From Store, Enterprise Fulfillment and jcp.com. Conducts audits of orders to ensure accuracy, driving the customer experience and minimizing shrink.
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: shrink and safety initiatives, Omnichannel, scheduling efficiency, associate relations, engagement, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance. Takes immediate action on performance and policy issues.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a manager will possess the following:
- Work experience- Minimum of 2 years retail leadership experience
- Education- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results. Provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive relationships: establishes strong networks, shows respect for different styles, and communicates effectively to a wide audience.
- Drives Change - Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude. Coaches others through change.
- Shows Courage – A confident leader; willing to take on challenging assignments. Acts in accordance with beliefs and deals with conflict quickly and in a positive manner.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Assistant Manager Human Resources-Arcadia, CA
Location: Arcadia, CA, United States -
Job ID: 1084351
J.C. Penney Company Inc.