The Senior Manager, PMO will be responsible for leading our eCommerce Project Management Office (ePMO). The ePMO will cover program and cross company initiatives and eCommerce portfolio management responsibilities, including tracking the health of the portfolio, identifying portfolio risks and inter-dependencies, and maximizing the effectiveness of project managers. This person will be expected to help drive the adoption of standard project management processes throughout the eCommerce organization and be a strong influencer for non-technology project team members and sponsors.
Our eCommerce team is continuing to evolve our Agile delivery model and is looking for a servant leader who can help us mature our Agile practices. In this role you will be working with the eCommerce leadership team and delivery teams to facilitate planning and execution of projects through the full project lifecycle. As master/coach for Scrum teams, the leader will also be responsible for driving adoption of Scrum, in collaboration with leadership.
- Project Management Office: Lead efforts to mature and operate IT PMO to provide oversight and transparency into our project portfolio, resource allocation/management and project execution.
- Collaborate with enterprise PMO as necessary on process and portfolio management.
- Project Management Excellence: Lead team of Project Leaders (both FTE and Contract). Develop team project management skills and processes in our project managers, both inside the PMO and within our engineering teams; deploy innovative delivery methods like Agile to drive velocity in the delivery of projects.
- PMO Compliance: Ensure PMO processes are designed and executed in compliance with relevant regulatory and security controls; support data collection requirements for post project audits as needed.
- PM Tool Administration: Administer standard PPM tool to manage portfolio.
- Project Management Services: Deliver project management services and tools to support the execution of our projects which contain funding for dedicated project managers. Work in collaboration with the IT Quality Assurance function to define and drive adoption of Application Development Lifecycle activities.
- eCommerce Portfolio Budgets – partner with enterprise PMO and eCommernce leaders to monitor, track and report on budget and spend trends.
- Builds strong working relationships with team members, vendors/contractors, business and IT partners to aide in effective definition and execution of projects.
- Ensures the establishment of scope and priorities, management of risks/issues/dependencies, implementation of solutions, and change management activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong communication (oral and written), action oriented, and strong analytical/problem solving skills
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Certification in the field of Project Management and Agile methods is preferred
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Hands-on experience managing various software development methodologies and principles (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall) required.
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis, lean six sigma tools and techniques for problem solving in a program management setting.
- Experience managing release cycles or programs involving multiple projects managers and cross-functional development/testing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects and be highly detail oriented.
- Program/Project Management experience in software development required. Previous experience managing programs in an ecommerce or retail environment would be of high-value but not required.
- Excellent ability to communicate (written and verbal) with multiple levels of leadership as well as cross-functional business and technical teams.
- Advanced proficiency with tools such as JIRA, SharePoint, Excel, Confluence.
- Creative problem solving, organization, attention to detail, flexibility and adaptability are crucial to the success of this role.
- Previous experience as a Scrum Master would be of high value.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Senior Manager - ePMO
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1084328
J.C. Penney Company Inc.