This job posting is no longer active.
Lead Engineer – Automation
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers with close to 1000 stores and jcp.com. We are a diverse community of people, all working together to bring sensational style, sensible prices and the best service possible to our customers. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to work in an energetic, respectful, collaborative environment. With a wide array of jobs, internships, training and more, there are countless opportunities for you to grow your career with us.
The Lead quality engineer will report to one of the Senior Managers in the Testing Center of Excellence in Plano, TX and will be part of the team that is responsible for supporting our Supply Chain business area.
Critical Primary Responsibilities:
- Build solid domain knowledge of business functions and business impacts
- Is able to lead, drive and deliver on Automation projects across various IT portfolios. Expert in planning.
- Evaluate requirements in order to define appropriate test scenarios and cases.
- Coordinate with other test teams onshore and offshore to ensure successful and accurate completion of all test objectives.
- Be able to perform both manual and automated testing and make changes to automation scripts as required on each project.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Experience with Global delivery model and working with offshore teams.
- Able to unblock oneself from issues impacting deliveries.
Critical Skills & Experiences:
- 6+ years Test automation experience. COTS automation apps as well as open source.
- Good understanding of build management systems (Jenkins etc).
- Good knowledge of API, webservices level automation.
- Exposure to Continuous Build/Continuous Integration development environment is a plus.
- Has created or worked on an webservices level automation framework in the past.
- Some Retail industry testing experience preferred.
- Experience with backend testing, writing complex SQLs and scripts, Webservices and ETL testing.
- Dynamic and assertive team player with a strong inclination to improve and optimize process development and implementation.
- Experience with Test Estimation, Test strategy and test plan for IT projects and test status reporting.
- Create clear and understandable Test scenarios, Test cases and defects/bugs and defect tracking
- Perform scheduled and ad hoc functional testing, E2E testing, regression testing, Sanity testing for Supply Chain systems, ability to do root cause analysis
- Proficient in use of HP ALM (Quality Center).
- Finely-tuned analytic and creative skills for problem solving and suggesting alternatives
- Experience working within Agile teams, using JIRA is also highly preferred for this position
Our corporate office supports the JCPenney Supply Chain operations nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) savings plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Lead Engineer
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1080584
J.C. Penney Company Inc.