Board Administrative Staff Assistant
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
JCPenney, one of the nation’s largest apparel and home retailers, combines an expansive footprint of nearly 870 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcp.com, to deliver style and value for all hard-working American families. At every touchpoint, customers will discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.
The Board Administrative Staff Assistant provides administrative services to the Board of Directors and Corporate Secretary and provides substantive and specialized legal secretarial assistance to attorneys and/or other staff, who are responsible for major functions or practice of law areas. Work is supervised by the associate who assigns the work.
- Assists with scheduling board meetings and preparing and disseminating board materials.
- Coordinates with key stake-holders regarding travel and other logistics for the Board of Directors.
- Handles record keeping and retention for the Board of Directors; assists with minutes.
- Assists the Corporate Secretary with special projects as assigned.
- Works with Board of Directors, Corporate Secretary and senior management regarding meeting schedule and logistics.
- Point of contact for Board of Directors for external guests, customers and business associates, as needed.
- Works with various Company departments regarding procedures, processes and/or projects related to Board matters.
- Prepares and types complex legal documents, reports and correspondence requiring knowledge of legal terminology, procedure and document formats.
- Maintains matter status and information in a matter management database, relating to specific assigned matters of supervising associates, and handles billing matters for assigned matters.
- Works with all legal staff, including department administration and management, to facilitate efficient and productive workflow in legal matters and respond to legal and business needs of the client organization.
- Works with various Company departments regarding procedures, processes and/or projects related to legal matters, as required and appropriate to obtain information and data, and to ensure adherence to legal requirements.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree or comparable paralegal experience is required; paralegal certificate from ABA accredited paralegal program is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a comparable law department environment or law firm with the same legal practice areas, including substantive experience in document preparation; prior corporate governance experience preferred.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality on sensitive business and other related matters
- Outstanding communication/relationship management skills
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment, discretion and diplomacy in all areas of responsibility
- Strong administrative and clerical skills, highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Possesses strong organization skills, ability to multi-task high volume work requests and re-prioritize independently; pro-actively problem-solves.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment, strong flexibility and adaptability, exceptional composure under stressful circumstances; strong diplomatic skills; responsiveness
- Team player; regularly assists other associates.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Board Administrative Staff Assistant
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1084096
J.C. Penney Company Inc.