Product Manager - Browse
JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers with more than 1,000 stores and jcp.com. We are a diverse community of people, all working together to bring sensational style, sensible prices and the best service possible to our customers. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to work in an energetic, respectful, collaborative environment. With a wide array of jobs, internships, training and more, there are countless opportunities for you to grow your career with us.
The Product Manager is responsible driving customer-facing and back-end projects for designated product line on JCPenney.com. The Product Manager will also support in-depth business reviews, present to senior management, and support initiatives with the site merchandising, marketing, and technology teams. The product manager must be able to work at the strategic level to drive ideas for growth, and at the tactical level analyzing data and solving problems. The Product Manager will monitor and drive the business on all aspects of demand, customer experience, and conversion.
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities include:
- Continually monitor industry trends and identify new digital opportunities to fill product gaps that drive growth
- Monitor product for all defined KPI’s to ensure best in class customer experience as part of daily DNA
- Drive functional capability roadmap within team landscape that includes Desktop Shopping Experience, Personalization & Advanced Recommendations, Customer Generated Content and Pricing & Promotions
- Product functionality prioritization and backlog grooming based on business models
- Complete opportunity assessments in a quick-to-market agile environment. Including, but not limited to: synthesizing business requirements, identifying areas of uncertainty and recommending solutions
- Complete ROI models & measure financial business cases for new enhancement requests based on metrics for success
- Define business requirements and feature sets, as well as product research and platform specifications for approved release cycles
- Work across teams and projects to synchronize and manage deliverables
- Complete test scripts and ensure requirement traceability
- Proactively identify issues and partner with key business leaders at senior levels
- Represent the business team in all aspects of the project life cycle
- Responsible for operational readiness tasks and performs product demos & training to stakeholders
- Negotiate and resolve problems and escalate as required
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding across teams
- Ensure the jcp.com customer experience and functionality is optimized
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Passion for working in a fast pace agile digital environment is a must!
- Retail ecommerce experience required
- Relevant product management experience with proven track record of delivering successful customer facing site features and improvements to back end systems. We have opportunities at multiple levels based on experience.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent analytical skills with an understanding of KPI’s and financial models to recognize a practical solution over the complicated
- Superior relationship building with cross-functional teams to deliver results through excellent partnership, communication and negotiating skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment to meet critical deadlines
- Highly motivated to be self-sufficient and able to operate without close supervision
- Experience conceptualizing, evaluating and negotiating 3rd party strategic partnerships
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
Our corporate office supports the JCPenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) savings plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Product Manager - Browse
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1084050
J.C. Penney Company Inc.