Talent Development Learning Senior Specialist
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers with more than 850 stores and jcp.com. We are a diverse community of people, all working together to bring sensational style, sensible prices and the best service possible to our customers. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to work in an energetic, respectful, collaborative environment. With a wide array of jobs, internships, training and more, there are countless opportunities for you to grow your career with us.
The Talent Development Learning Senior Specialist is responsible for creating innovative, cutting-edge training experiences and role-specific blended training solutions for front line and leadership. Manages multiple projects and partners closely with SMEs, vendors, and cross-functional partners to ensure world-class solutions. Leverages strong leadership, relationship building, and collaboration skills to drive action and results.
- Instructional Design - defines learning objectives based on customer requirements and sound expertise, designs blended participant-centered experiences, develops and/or oversees creation of course content and supports and/or lead reviews and focus groups to ensure quality-learning experiences.
- Ensures education content is aligned to JCPenney core values associated with respect, inclusion and diversity.
- Tests content to ensure quality and maintain and update existing content with continuous improvement mindset.
- Utilizes outstanding project management skills to lead project teams and outside vendors to deliver projects on time within cost.
- Utilizes outstanding communication skills to build strong relationships with SMEs across the organization and within the HR team to deliver educational solutions.
- Stays current on learning industry trends and best practices. Collaborates with facilitator to ensure participant-centered experiences that lead to behavior or skill change. Builds relationships across the brand.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- BA or BS in Instructional Systems Design, English, Training/Curriculum preferred or relevant experience in a development or related field.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible business experience as Curriculum Designer. Exposure to designing and developing learning strategies that drive performance improvement with a strong background in creating blended programs with eLearning foundation.
- Exposure to LMS’s and LCMS’s and an understanding of eLearning development software and standards. Experience using online course developing software (preferably Articulate Storyline).
- Proven track record of organizing work, problem solving, analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Strong communication with the ability to build relationships; strong presentation and facilitation skills to individuals/groups at all levels of an organization.
- Passion and creativity for curriculum design and commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Minimal travel required.
- Samples of past curriculum design work will be required.
Our corporate office supports the JCPenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401 (k) Savings Plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Talent Development Learning Senior Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1083960
J.C. Penney Company Inc.