Staff Accountant / Subject Matter Expert – Fixed Assets
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
Salt Lake City, Utah
The Staff Accountant / Shared Services Subject Matter Expert Performs high level accounting activities and provides subject matter expertise for systems and processes critical to the Shared Services organization.
- Process a large volume of accounting entries and closing activities.
- Work with business owners related to Fixed Assets, Project Accounting and Property Support.
- Documentation in compliance with internal controls and external auditing.
- Work in a team environment to support and complete center objectives.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting fundamentals.
- Understanding of query tools and data research.
- Ability to learn and develop new skills quickly.
- Analytical and decision making skills.
- Experienced with account reconciliations
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Tools.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Ability to work independently without supervision and shifting and dynamic responsibilities.
- Demonstrated focus on process improvement.
- Leadership and growth initiatives
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred or 4-5 years’ experience in roles with increasing responsibility AND analytical decision making.
What you get:
The JCPenney Shared Services Center is located in the heart of downtown. Our office supports JCPenney nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401 (k) Savings Plan with company match, and a generous merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, cafeteria services, and a Utah Transit Authority pass.
If you are interested in learning more about how to join our dynamic team, please apply online and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more opportunities to join our team please visit us at www.jobs.jcp.com
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page. Or contact us at email@example.com
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Staff Accountant / Subject Matter Expert
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States -
Job ID: 1083866
J.C. Penney Company Inc.