HR Manager-Supply Chain – Manchester, CT
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The HR Manager will develop and execute HR initiatives designed to advance the performance for the Manchester, CT - Logistics Center.
- Partnering with the recruiter to execute staffing strategies resulting in high quality hires and achieving retention goals.
- Serving as the point of contact for all distribution center associates to resolve problems or provide consultative advice in the areas of associate relations, policies, procedures, etc.
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives in key human resources areas such as retention, performance management, PDP & PIP development, employee satisfaction, strengthening of the front-line supervision and HR processes.
- Administering and assisting in the development and implementation of the performance management cycle. Providing guidance and direction to associates with emphasis on maintaining a high performing work environment (emphasis on coaching, counseling, policies, procedures and standards).
- Conducting internal investigations as appropriate.
- Managing associate relations to ensure alignment with company policies, procedures and employment laws. Will take appropriate action in dual role of associate advocate and management coach.
- Evaluating and/or supporting the evaluation of company human resources-related programs and activities to help ensure that human resources policies are implemented.
- Identifying and sharing best practices with HR partners across assigned areas to improve performance and leverage lessons learned.
- Reviewing all termination decisions prior to implementation to ensure all policies and procedures have been adhered to. Conducting exit interviews and sharing feedback with Business partners to establish/correct trends and identify any problems which may be occurring.
- Maintaining the centers compensation programs to ensure market competitiveness and monitoring salary adjustments to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Providing new hire orientation and communicating benefit changes.
- Coordinating the annual open enrollment process.
- Facilitating annual associate engagement survey process, including data collection, feedback sessions with employees, and assisting in coordinating action plans for all departments.
- Conducting training for center as needed.
- Managing data entry and administrative duties of the Senior HR Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred. PHR/SPHR preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience as a generalist.
- Experience working in an HR retail environment preferred.
- Peoplesoft, Workday or other HRIS system experience.
- Drives connectivity, takes initiative, proactive in impacting engagement.
- Strong, demonstrated proficiency with communication skills, influence, adaptability/flexibility, and building relationships.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: HR Manager-Supply Chain - Manchester, CT
Location: Manchester, CT, United States -
Job ID: 1083895
J.C. Penney Company Inc.