As a commission associate in our home department, you are accountable for driving customer service to achieve profitable sales growth by combining in-depth product knowledge and passion for service to build clientele and to drive sales.
- Customer Service & Sales – Approaches customers in a friendly manner to engage, determine needs, and help customers make decisions about desired product or service. Informs customers of key product attributes to generate interest and to build clientele. Covers care/protection plans and suggests additional products to customers.
- General Operations – Participates in inventory processes, Merchandise Transfer Out (MTO), Return to Vendor, Return to Warehouse and Defective Merchandise Transfer Out activities. Completes pricing and signing processes in specialty businesses. Stays uptodate with new trends and styles through industry publications and communications and participates in ongoing technical skills development through company and/or vendorprovided training and skill practice.
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: shrink and safety initiatives, the company’s iCAP program, product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity and attendance
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a home commission associate will possess the following:
- Drives Results - Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others.
- Builds Ownership – Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes.
- Drives Intensity - Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Home Commission Associate
Location: Plantation, FL, United States - Broward Mall 8000 W Broward Blvd Ste 900
Job ID: 1079582
J.C. Penney Company Inc.