As the Human Resource Supervisor – Merchandise Operations you are accountable for driving customer service to achieve profitable sales growth by Contributes to supporting store talent strategy, training associates, and effectively scheduling the right talent at the optimal time to create an outstanding customer experience.
- Customer Service & Sales – Models and holds team accountable for outstanding customer service; demonstrates WORTH behaviors consistently. Resolves customer issues and concerns in a professional manner. Supports the Manager on Duty program. Maximizes sales and service by ensuring staff is scheduled appropriately. Manages credit, rewards and gift card programs throughout the store. Manages and promotes FindMore with associates to drive sales and enhance customer service. Greets and assists customers in finding products and partners with other team members when additional help is needed.
- Talent Acquisition and Training – Partners with store leadership to identify talent needs. Creates and monitors the store’s open requisitions, screens, and routes qualified applicants to appropriate hiring manager. Executes new hire orientation in addition to the Talent Tryout interview processes. Reviews training transcripts to identify role-based and development training for on time completion. Partners with the Assistant Manager of Customer Experience, Assistant Manager of Merchandise Operations, and/or General Manager to monitor required training compliance.
- General Operations – Reviews schedules and makes productive edits to further optimize resources. Closes payroll and completes other payroll functions including system reports as necessary for associates to receive pay for hours worked. Processes new and existing associate’s HR tasks as necessary according to state laws and company policies. Participates in annual inventory processes
- Team Development – Responsible for the completion of associate training and policy compliance. Consistently provides ongoing feedback and coaching to associates. Assists with the Productivity Standards Program processes. Maintains notes / observations of each associate’s strengths and opportunities. Reports performance and/or policy issues and attendance opportunities within the team to appropriate leadership
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: shrink and safety initiatives, Omnichannel, scheduling efficiency, associate relations, engagement, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a supervisor will possess the following:
- Work experience- Minimum of 2 years retail leadership experience
- Education- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Manages Execution – Organizes, plans and manages projects/processes with simplicity and efficiency; partners with key stakeholders to align interests and remove roadblocks; consistently achieves successful outcomes within important deadlines.
- Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results. Provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive relationships: establishes strong networks, shows respect for different styles, and communicates effectively to a wide audience.
- Shows Courage – A confident leader; willing to take on challenging assignments. Acts in accordance with beliefs and deals with conflict quickly and in a positive manner.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Human Resource Supervisor
Location: Mcdonough, GA, United States - South Point S/C 1380 Hwy 20 W
Job ID: 1073492
J.C. Penney Company Inc.