As the Cashier Supervisor –You are accountable for driving customer service to achieve profitable sales growth by leading and engaging associates, delivering company checkout experience strategies and omnichannel processes, and coaching associates on customer service.
- Customer Service & Sales - Acts as a role model for the Manager on Duty program while directing customer service activities throughout the store. Models and holds team accountable for outstanding customer service. Greets and assists customers in finding products and partners with other team members when additional help is needed. Actively listens to customer issues to resolve problems. Maximizes sales and service by ensuring staff is scheduled appropriately, and by managing FIND more, credit, rewards and gift card programs.
- Cashier Performance – Trains, mentors and coaches all cashier associates on checkout procedures to ensure outstanding service behaviors are consistently exhibited. Regularly observes and ensures associates consistently follow and implement checkout experience processes. Monitors associate efficiency by utilizing Point of Sale productivity metrics.
- Line Management and Checkout Standards – Proactively shifts resources to checkouts based on observed fluctuations in store traffic. Reduces wait times during peak traffic periods by utilizing Mobile Point of Sale, Satellite Registers and Expeditor stations. Partners appropriately to stock all Impulse futures and to identify checkout supply needs.
- Talent Acquisition and Training – Creates and monitors the store’s open requisitions and routes qualified applicants to the appropriate hiring manager. Coordinates the interview Talent Tryout process. Schedules and coordinates new hire orientations and training and administers ongoing associate training. Partners with the Merchandise Supervisor and General Manager on training compliance and schedule optimization.
- Omnichannel – Trains, mentors and coaches all associates at jcp.com. Pickup location on processes and transaction procedures related to delivery and return of jcp.com orders. Monitors and shares Ominchannel and reporting metrics and takes action to resolve issues.
- Specialty Businesses – Drives profitable sales growth in the Fine Jewelry, appliance, Mattress, Window, and Furniture businesses by leading and engaging associates. Responsible for the Specialty associate training and care/ protection plans. Manages the SET processes by planned floor moves and graphics as well as monitoring the Productivity Standards Program processes. Identifies sell-through opportunities and remerchandising of the selling floor to increase the rate of sale.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a Cashier Supervisor will possess the following:
- Service Oriented- Empathically serves the needs of customers and associates; listens well; seeks to understand diverse points of view to help find the best solution or outcome: provides helpful assistance to others; pursues a high standard of performance.
- Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results. Provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive relationships: establishes strong networks, shows respect for different styles, and communicates effectively to a wide audience.
- Drives Change - Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude. Coaches others through change.
- Takes Initiative-Shows curiosity; strives toward continuous improvement and learning; takes action without being prompted; is motivated and resourceful in achieving successful results quickly
- Shows Courage – A confident leader; willing to take on challenging assignments. Acts in accordance with beliefs and deals with conflict quickly and in a positive manner.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Cashier Supervisor
Location: Coral Springs, FL, United States - Coral Square Mall 9303 W Atlantic Blvd
Job ID: 1074413
J.C. Penney Company Inc.