This job posting is no longer active.
As the Cashier Assistant, you will contribute to profitable sales growth by assisting and training Cashier associates and delivering company checkout experience strategies.
- Customer Service & Sales – Greets each customer in a friendly and professional manner. Actively listens to customer issues in a calm and agreeable manner to resolve problems. Assists with credit, rewards and gift card programs throughout the store. Models and holds team accountable for outstanding customer service.
- Cashier Performance – Role model for cashiering performance and efficiencies. Trains and supports all cashier associates on checkout procedures. Monitors associate productivity by utilizing Point of Sale productivity metrics. Coaches and recognizing team.
- Line Management & Checkout Standards – Supports the line management process by proactively shifting resources to support increased traffic. Monitors checkout standards are being followed and met. Proficient at Point of Sale processes; including Mobile check out. Oversees cleanliness, signing, supplies and organization of checkout stations.
- General Operations – Assists with the Productivity Standards Program processes. Participates in annual inventory processes. Assists with recovery, put backs and fitting room maintenance as needed.
- Omnichannel – Resolves customer Omnichannel needs in a timely manner and partner with Cashier Supervisor or Manager on Duty for any customer service needs. Assists with Enterprise Fulfillment reporting and metrics and takes action to resolve issues. Shares reporting and metrics results with team and uses information to motivate or train associates. Assists in processing jcp.com orders, aged and undelivered orders/returns, and supporting systems. Supports binning and pick-and-pack processes for jcp.com orders as needed.
- Performance Standards – Supports company shrink and safety initiatives. Meets established performance standards for the role on a consistent basis, including (but not limited to) the company’s credit goals, product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a Cashier Assistant will possess the following:
- Results – Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit and customer service; execute work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others.
- Ownership – Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes.
- Intensity – Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Cashier Assistant
Location: Davenport, FL, United States - Posner Commons 6200 Grandview Pkwy
Job ID: 1072944
J.C. Penney Company Inc.