This job posting is no longer active.
As the Home Specialty Supervisor, you will play an integral role in contributing to profitable sales growth in the Appliance, Mattress, Window, and Furniture businesses by leading and engaging associates, promoting a selling culture, and building clientele to meet sales plan.
- Customer Service & Sales
- Approaches customers in a friendly manner to engage, determine needs, and help customers make decisions about desired product or service
- Informs customers of key product attributes to generate interest and to build clientele
- Provides coaching and feedback to Specialty team to achieve care/protection plan objectives
- Greets and assists customers in finding products and partners with other team members when additional help is needed
- Models for and holds team accountable for outstanding customer service; demonstrates WORTH behaviors consistently
- Supports the Manager on Duty program
- Directs customer service activities throughout the specialty businesses
- Resolves customer issues and concerns in a professional manner
- Partner with Specialty Associates when customers require a deeper level of product information or to assist with sales needs
- Actively and enthusiastically engages customers to support the company’s Instant Credit Application Process (iCAP)
- Team Development
- Responsible for the completion of Specialty associates training on product knowledge and care/protection plans
- Consistently provides ongoing feedback and coaching to associates
- Manages and administers Productivity Standards Program processes to include recognition and coaching
- Maintains notes / observations of each associate’s strengths and opportunities
- Takes action on performance and policy issues within the team
- General Operations
- Oversees the planning and execution of special events
- Manages or assists with inventory processes (cycle counts, system uploads, stock ledger, etc.) within specialty businesses
- Owns receiving, shipping and reverse logistics for specialty business merchandise
- Manages the SET processes by planning floor moves and graphics placement, and executing visual detailing based on company guidance
- Identifies sell-through opportunities and remerchandise the selling floor to increase rate of sale in specialty businesses
- Oversees and maintains sales floor recovery processes to ensure a clean and organized store environment
- Responsible for the completion of all pricing and signing processes in specialty businesses
- Oversees all Merchandise Transfer Out (MTO), Return to Vendor and Return to Warehouse activities
- Manages the Defective MTO (DMTO) process ensuring proper and timely execution of all DMTO’s to ensure integrity of inventory and prevent shrink
- Performance Standards
- Supports company shrink and safety initiatives
- Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) the company’s iCAP program, product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a supervisor will possess the following:
- Thinks Critically – Develops sound conclusions based on analysis of data and deep understanding of the business/ customer; understands complex issues and makes sound decisions based on wisdom and experience; anticipates implications of decisions; finds solutions with minimal guidance
- Manages Execution – Organizes, plans and manages projects/processes with simplicity and efficiency; partners with key stakeholders to align interests and remove roadblocks; consistently achieves successful outcomes within important deadlines
- Drives Performance – Establishes challenging standards; inspires and holds self and others accountable to achieve results; provides feedback; gives visibility and recognition to others for mastering tasks and successful contributions
- Strategic Vision** – Sets a purpose and outlines a future path for the organization; provides clear expectations and shares rationale behind decisions that are made; identifies strategies and objectives
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Specialty Supervisor
Location: Dover, DE, United States - Dover Mall 1365 N Dupont Hwy Ste 5000
Job ID: 1071718
J.C. Penney Company Inc.