As the Merchandise Supervisor you are accountable for driving customer service to achieve profitable sales growth by leading and engaging associates, managing company merchandise standards and execution, training and developing associates and executing sales building programs.
- Customer Service & Sales – Directs Customer Service and sales activities in store; resolves customer issues and concerns. Models and holds team accountable for outstanding customer service. Actively listens to customer issues to resolve problems. Maximizes sales and service by ensuring staff is scheduled appropriately. Drive planning and execution of events and credit card acquisition. Drives WORTH initiatives by ensuring accurate pricing and signing and store environment
- Store Operations – Manages door to floor unload and prep process and Reviews Support Workload Tool. Delivers merchandise standards through Put to Fixture, SET, and Visual process execution. Maintains high merchandise presentations standards, actively leads the team in planning and execution of all merchandise and visual elements in the store, including the pricing and signing process. Promote company merchandise strategy and identifies local opportunities to drive sales. Oversees efficient and clean recovery process in the store.
- Stockroom & General Operations – Responsible for all stockroom processes to include , receiving, shipping, reverse logistics, all Merchandise Transfer Out, Return to Vendor and Return to Warehouse activities. Work safety initiatives, facility equipment, repairs and overall building maintenance. Oversees the cash office and owns receiving, shipping and logistics with third party carrier processes. Manages fitting room and recovery efforts. Supervises completion of Cash Office completion, Manages Defective MTO (DMTO) process and Supports MOD program. Manages shrinkage by delivering inventory accuracy and following cash room standards
- Team Development – Teaches, trains and coaches associates. Partners with AMO and (or HR) to source and hire store talent for hourly positions. Plays an active role in the training and development of associates; coaches in the moment, addresses performance issues,
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: shrink and safety initiatives, Omnichannel, scheduling efficiency, associate relations, engagement, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a Supervisor will possess the following:
- Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results. Provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team. Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive relationships: establishes strong networks, shows respect for different styles, and communicates effectively to a wide audience.
- Drives Change - Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude. Coaches others through change and provides meaningful insights, candid feedback and clear direction to help the team grow, develop and perform; creates an environment of fairness by being approachable and honest.
- Shows Courage – A confident leader; willing to take on challenging assignments. Acts in accordance with beliefs and deals with conflict quickly and in a positive manner.
- Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Merchandise Supervisor
Location: National City, CA, United States - Plaza Bonita 3040 Plaza Bonita Rd
Job ID: 1047253
J.C. Penney Company Inc.