Do you like working with your hands and staying active? Do the words “order” and “process” get you excited? Do you enjoy making things happen behind the scenes and seeing your work flourish in a store? Well, being a Seasonal Operations Associate might be the position for you!
A Seasonal Operations Associate’s role is to create an outstanding customer experience by performing operations functions within the store. This is an early morning position and you will work with the task team to perform functions prior to store opening. As a seasonal hire you will have a defined employment time period, but you may be offered an employment extension or regular position based on the your work ethic and availability. Apply today!
- Customer Service – You’re maneuvering around the store at a fast pace, working with all the latest merchandise, but when a customer stops to ask you a question or request assistance, there’s no one they’d rather be talking to other than you.
- Executes pricing and signing – You can change ticket prices and signing on merchandise across the store better and faster than anyone!
- Replenish and restock the store: You understand the needs of the customer. When merchandise is getting low, you assist your sales floor peers and leaders by pulling and preparing merchandise to go the floor in order to ensure all of our customers have the styles and sizes they need.
- Receive and unload merchandise: You work with your co-workers to unload a truck and prepare the merchandise in the backroom.
- Backroom standards: You keep the stockroom safe, clean, and organized .
- On-line jcp.com pick up: You may be responsible for finding and fulfilling orders placed online.
- Merchandise strategy: You take the plans that have been communicated by leadership on where to place merchandise throughout the store and execute the plan with efficiency and detail. You understand the merchandising standards and work to deliver an outstanding customer experience by maintaining these standards as you flow goods to the sales floor.
- Participates in a learning environment: You absorb new information from your peers or training materials on our merchandise or business processes.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
Ownership: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Temporary Operations Associate
Location: Dubuque, IA, United States - Kennedy Mall 555 John F Kennedy Rd
Job ID: 1040724
J.C. Penney Company Inc.