Manager Insights and Strategy
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
JCPenney is looking for an experienced storyteller who is eager to learn, to add value, and to do interesting work as a valued member of the Customer Strategy and Analytics team. This position is data-intensive and will challenge both your technical and analysis skills. Insights produced by this team inform business decisions in Marketing and beyond, including those by senior executive leaders.
- Improve stakeholder’s decision-making process through delivery of relevant analytic insights.
- Streamline access to data and actively participate in ongoing business discussions and projects.
- Provide business stakeholders with forward looking recommendations using all available data.
- Be a dedicated point of contact for the stakeholder and enable access to the team’s broader analytic capabilities.
- Proactively drive stakeholder engagement and promote data utilization.
- Participate in and contribute to synthesis and execution of business strategies and vision, including development of new analytic solutions.
- Establish and cultivate collaborative and successful working relationships with internal and external groups.
- Maintain proactive and regular internal communication.
- Build strong relationships and maintain high level of internal client satisfaction by managing expectations and delivering high value.
- Frequent meeting/communication with clients to interpret their needs, plan/organize, and discuss progress and results.
- Facilitate the definition of analysis needs and work product requirements of internal clients.
- Translate client needs and requirements into specific data, logic and reporting requirements and realistic work plans.
- Understand and have a working knowledge of customer/transactional level data.
- Strive to structure analysis to provide conclusive insights that directly align to decision-making.
- Prioritize and balance multiple activities in parallel and communicate status proactively to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Understand data sources to determine the correct source(s) and logic to ensure accurate, efficient and timely deliverables.
- Speak out when business strategies do not align with data insights and when insights suggest new marketing tactics.
- Anticipate future insight needs/opportunities and deliver self-initiated value to JCP.
- Manage a team of storytellers.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 5+ years’ experience in a consultative, client-facing role, utilizing data to inform client decisions.
- Bachelor's degree (business, marketing and/or finance preferred).
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to develop and deliver engaging presentations.
- High degree of comfort with influencing and communicating a point of view to senior-level team members.
- Experience working directly with senior leaders
- Strong data analysis skills, experience identifying trends, and analyzing customer attributes.
- Strong ability to interrogate data and insights to provide accurate and robust information on department performance
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to work well across teams with varied styles and skill-sets.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Manager Insights and Strategy
Location: Dallas, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1083833
J.C. Penney Company Inc.