This job posting is no longer active.
Director Compensation – Human Resources
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
This position directs the development and design of compensation plans and programs to ensure that the Company offers a competitive and effective package to employees.
- Partners with JCP leadership and various stakeholders to develop relevant compensation solutions that help grow the company.
- Directs the development, implementation, and management of all compensation policies, programs, and on-going practices by incorporating Company business needs, associates needs, industry practices, general trends, and incorporating appropriate financial controls and cost considerations.
- Partner with HR Business Partner teams to support career paths and alignment of internal job and pay relationships.
- Directs the development of special incentive compensation arrangements for high potential associates to ensure selected associates are retained and rewarded for their performance.
- Identify opportunities for improved technology efficiencies to improve the employee experience related to pay.
- Directs the development of administrative requirements for compensation plans and programs to ensure proper and effective service to the associate and ensures that Company philosophy and long-range compensation strategies become the basis of actual pay plans.
- Provides leadership and functional guidance to Company businesses on proper controls and procedures for effective local implementation of compensation programs.
- Develops executive compensation philosophy regarding appropriate pay mix (Base, Annual Incentive and Long-Term Incentive) and oversees the design of pay programs that differentiate among individuals performance and drive results.
- Ensures effective coordination of research, surveys and studies directed toward the development of current pay plans and compensation standards, and provides reports to the Human resources and Compensation Committee of the Board, as required.
- Keeps abreast of current conditions and future trends in compensation; including compensation plans of key retail competitors; current and proposed state and federal legislation affecting compensation; and governmental compliance or approval requirements to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Undergraduate degree with major in business administration, human resources management or statistics preferable. Master’s in business administration desirable.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience which includes at least 10 years in compensation plan design at a major company or consulting firm and 5 years in compensation administration.
- Strong knowledge of management compensation plans and policies, communication, organizing work, building relationships.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Compensation Director
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1083825
J.C. Penney Company Inc.