As the Assistant Manager – Customer Experience you are accountable for leading and engaging associates, reinforcing and supporting customer experience strategies and initiatives, training and developing associates and executing sales building programs.
- Customer Service & Sales – Models and holds the team accountable for outstanding customer service, ensuring the customer is always put first. Actively listens to customer issues to resolve problems. Maximizes sales and service by ensuring staff is scheduled appropriately. Manages and promotes FindMore, credit, rewards and gift card programs in the store. Drives planning and execution of events and credit card acquisition and actively engages customers to support the company’s credit application process.
- General Operations – Supports Omnichannel initiatives by driving in store processes. Responsible for planning and executing of special events. Involved in the review of specific sales reports to reconcile customer transactions. Owns equipment maintenance and training and participates in annual inventory process.
- Talent Acquisition & Training – Responsible for partnering with store management to source and screen candidates for hourly positions. Drives the Talent Tryout process and partners with the Human Resource Supervisor to schedule and conduct new hire orientation and provide ongoing training to associates. Owns the training and coaching on all Omnichannel initiatives and processes to drive sales and customer service. Partners with the General Manager to complete succession planning.
- Team Development – Oversees the Productivity Standards Program. Plans, coordinates and delivers store training programs to associates, partners with Human Resources Supervisor to review progress for onboarding and training. Plays an active role in the training and development of associates; coaches in the moment, addresses performance issues and taking immediate action on performance and policy issues on the team.
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: shrink and safety initiatives, Omnichannel, scheduling efficiency, associate relations, engagement, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a manager will possess the following:
- Work experience- Minimum of 2 years retail leadership experience
- Education- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results. Provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive relationships: establishes strong networks, shows respect for different styles, and communicates effectively to a wide audience.
- Drives Change - Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude. Coaches others through change.
- Shows Courage – A confident leader; willing to take on challenging assignments. Acts in accordance with beliefs and deals with conflict quickly and in a positive manner.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Assistant Manager Human Resources - Columbia, MD
Location: Columbia, MD, United States -
Job ID: 1083809
J.C. Penney Company Inc.