This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1082777
Job Type: Full-Time
Date Updated: Jun 8, 2019
Senior Manager Site Reliability
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The Manager/Sr. Manager will be responsible for the Application Support needs of the JCPenney ecommerce platform. This position will be leading a team of software/systems engineers, analysts & vendor teams engaged in application support for the JCPenney Customer Facing ecommerce Digital Platform.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep understanding and hands on experience in handling support activities for highly scalable, high traffic Customer facing ecommerce systems. Drive a proactive mindset to ensuring the health of the production systems, improve ongoing monitoring and report on health of the production systems. You will be expected to improve team agility through coaching and implementing best practices. Need to have an attitude that embraces agile practices and automation. You will need enough technical depth to conduct deep dives, lead root cause analysis efforts and defend your opinions about approaches taken to address or prevent production issues. We are not looking for a hands-off manager.
The candidate will work together with the application development, infrastructure, systems engineering, and architects, network/firewall teams to plan, coordinate and drive initiatives that impact production systems. Ensure that teams have appropriate requirements, direction, and resources to deliver effectively. Be responsible for overall soundness of application support practices & responsible for ensuring best possible customer experience with negligible down time. Provide guidance & coaching to motivate, and lead team members (direct reports) to their optimum performance levels and career development.
• Lead a team of software/systems engineers / analysts focused on application support for JCPenney’ s customer facing ecommerce platform
• Responsible for the production monitoring, Incident/Problem Management and peak season readiness activities for the JCPenney ecommerce Platform
• Leading the team in determining prioritization of production issues and ensuring delivery of timely fixes
• Reporting on the health of production systems and getting visibility to factors influencing it
• Collaborate with the architecture, application development, infrastructure & operations teams to ensure production application deployments and any production activities are done without negative customer impacts
• Ensure extensibility, supportability, performance & scalability of the ecommerce platform
• Direct and participate in cross-functional delivery of large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external teams
• Plan and manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost and quality
• Validate financial forecasts and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and project costs
• Manage, coach, and develop the analytical and technical skills of team members
• Lead others to work effectively in a strong customer service/team oriented environment
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
• Prior success leading application support for large scale, highly available customer facing ecommerce systems is highly desired
• Exceptional technical and non-technical presentation and communication skills
• Proven ability to lead a team of highly technical software/systems engineering staff and earn trust of team members and stakeholders
• Significant technical experience in application support, release engineering, DevOps, software/systems development, application monitoring, project mgmt. or related roles
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Manager Site Reliability
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1082777
J.C. Penney Company Inc.