Production Assurance Engineer 2 - OCoE RMS
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The Production Assurance Software Engineer will be focused on the continuous improvement of the Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) Production environment in areas such as incident reduction, performance improvement, data integrity, and compliance. This is a hands-on “level 3” development role within the Oracle Center of Excellence (OCoE) responsible for enhancement and optimization of RMS System as well and working with partner business and technology teams to enable enterprise solutions adjacent to or utilizing RMS data.
- Identify and execute initiatives aimed at improving area KPIs within OCoE while supporting external demands for technical SME knowledge and guidance related to the RMS ecosystem (Stock Ledger, ReSA, PO, Pricing).
- Contribute to all phases of the software development process to define, design, build, test, deploy, and maintain essential RMS applications and integrations for projects impacting or driven by OCoE.
- Execute or direct application development team tasks and support testing activities to ensure timely and quality delivery.
- Own and maintain relationships with business partners, vendors, and technical teams to promote collaborative partnerships that produce maximum business value.
- Actively contribute to a people, process, and product improvement roadmap that positions us to consistently achieve operational excellence and reduce total cost of ownership.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer/Developer following structured development methodologies on multiple complex projects with various team sizes and duration, accountable for delivering high quality solutions within tight timelines and budgets.
- Hands-on experience with Design, Build, and Maintenance of RMS and PL/SQL apps, integrations, databases. Knowledge of other Retail COTS packages is beneficial (Allocation, Supply Chain, Stores Systems, etc).
- Applied experience with multiple technologies and development tools, such as: PL/SQL, Pro*C, UNIX scripting, and Oracle forms, Oracle Databases schema design, stored procedures, and developing high-performing queries with large volume of data, understanding of Informatica ETL, and source control frameworks such as Subversion.
- Proficiency in quickly diagnosing and resolving critical deficiencies through skillful analysis, troubleshooting, optimization, and performance tuning of software within complex applications.
- Availability to provide after-hours or on-call support to meet production service levels or critical project deadlines and/or participate in calls with team members in distant time zones.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision and a high sense of urgency.
- Experience in providing reliable cost and schedule estimates for a variety of technical projects.
- Motivation and aptitude to learn new applications, technologies, and business functions. Desire for personal growth in the job role and in mentoring junior team members to build an excellent team.
- Excellence in planning and execution. Creativity in circumventing technology, resource, budget and schedule constraints. Purposeful continuous improvement achievements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to explain complex ideas/issues or instructions to others with varying levels of expertise in non-technical, understandable terms.
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships with cross-functional IT support teams, vendors, and business partners comprising different cultures and remote locations.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field(s).
- Proficient in the use of Visio, MS-Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Engineer 2 - Oracle Retail
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1080979
J.C. Penney Company Inc.