This job posting is no longer active.
Product Analyst – Search & Gallery
The Product Analyst – Search & Gallery is responsible for delivering customer-facing products for a designated product line on JCPenney.com. Our customers find a significant portion of the products through Search & Gallery experience, and it is critical to provide them a frictionless experience. This role will support the Sr. Product Manager in the development and prioritization of the product roadmap, maintenance of Agile Epics and Stories leveraged by technical delivery teams, and helping manage cross-scrum dependencies. The Product Analyst will help conduct in-depth business reviews, present to Omni-Channel leadership, and support initiatives with the digital merchandising, marketing, and peer technology teams. The Product Analyst must be able to analyze data, write agile epics and stories, review test cases and work with technical teams to solve problems. The Product Analyst works with the Product Manager to monitor and drive the business on all aspects of demand, customer experience, and conversion.
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities include:
- Document functional capability roadmap within team landscape that includes Site Search, Gallery (Browse), Localized and Personalized shopping experiences to allow our customers to find & buy products online and at-stores.
- Define business requirements and feature sets, as well as product research and platform specifications for approved release cycles
- Complete opportunity assessments in a quick-to-market agile environment including, but not limited to: synthesizing business requirements, identifying required capabilities and calling out areas of uncertainty and recommending solutions
- Support prioritization and sequencing of product and backlog grooming based on input from Product Owner.
- Monitor product for all defined KPI’s to ensure best in class customer experience as part of daily responsibilities.
- Monitor industry trends and identify opportunities to improve existing customer facing products.
- Leverage analytics data, customer survey and other feedback to find opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with Site Operations and support teams to triage and prioritize product issues.
- Work across teams and projects to synchronize and manage deliverables
- Document and review test scripts and ensure requirement traceability
- Proactively identify issues and partner with Site Operations/Support and peer Agile teams to provide timely resolutions
- Consult with the business teams across the project life cycle
- Supports operational readiness tasks by performs product demos & presenting training to stakeholders
- Negotiate and resolve problems and escalate as required
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding across teams
- Ensure the jcp.com customer experience and functionality is optimized
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Passion for working in a fast pace agile digital environment is a must!
- Relevant agile software development and Product Analyst experience with proven track record of delivering successful & scalable customer facing site features such as Site Search or Gallery is a big plus. We have opportunities at multiple levels based on experience.
- Solid technical background with a good understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies. We have roles for a Front-End product analyst based on technologies such as React JS (for Gallery), and for a Back-End product analyst based on technologies such as Apache SOLR or Elastic Search.
- Experience running A/B testing, and/or multivariate testing for measuring, and optimizing the customer experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with an understanding of Web Analytics, and engagement KPI’s.
- Superior relationship building with cross-functional teams to deliver results through excellent partnership, communication and negotiating skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment to meet critical deadlines
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Product Analyst - Search & Gallery
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1080179
J.C. Penney Company Inc.