This job posting is no longer active.
JCPenney, one of the nation's largest apparel and home furnishings retailers, combines an expansive footprint of approximately 875 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcpenney.com, to connect shoppers how, when and where they prefer to shop.
At every customer touchpoint, she will get her Penney’s worth of a broad assortment of products from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Powering this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of over 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company’s three strategic priorities of strengthening private brands, becoming a world-class Omnichannel retailer and increasing revenue per customer. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.
The Staff Accountant (SME) Performs high level accounting activities related to financial inventory management and provides subject matter expertise for systems & processes critical to the Shared Services organization.
- Provides instructional guidance to internal and external customers and
- Maintains documentation for new processes and systems.
- Provides back-up support for all key functions within the department.
- Communicates with management when a problem exists and recommends alternatives for problem resolution.
- Works with manager in planning, organizing, implementing and carrying out allocation and gross profit accounting projects, new processes and procedures, including department, center or corporate level strategies.
- Initiates, implements and measures ongoing process improvements for the department.
- Proactively identifies and investigates variances and resolves most complex questions over multiple areas.
- Provides cross-functional coordination and subject matter expertise for Shared Services departments and IT in the development, testing and implementation of projects to ensure effectiveness and proper adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Develops and enhances metrics and other reporting and monitoring tools as needed.
- Provides associates with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and works with other functional areas in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Finds and analyzes Inventory and general ledger data to find and correct any financial discrepancies.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Strong understanding of accounting processes, procedures and systems (FMDM, Stock Ledger, AssureNET, General Ledger, etc.) pertaining to area of responsibility.
- Experienced end user of SQL query tools (e.g. Cognos, Oracle Answers, WebFocus, Access etc.).
- Cross-functional enterprise understanding and the ability to lead cross-functional projects.
- Experienced with Account Reconciliations.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong understanding of Inventory processes, along with a strong understanding of the General Ledger.
- Experienced with data mining and independently able to find and analyze data to provide recommendations to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- 4-5 years’ experience in roles with increasing responsibility AND analytical decision making.
- One year experience as Operations Accounting Staff is preferable.
Our corporate office supports JCPenney nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401 (k) Savings Plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, onsite gym, and a Utah Transit Authority pass.
If you are interested in learning more about how to join our dynamic team, please contact us at [email protected] . For more opportunities to join our team please visit us at www.jobs.jcp.com
JCPenney is an EEO Employer
Job Title: Staff Accountant (SME) - Inventory
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States -
Job ID: 1080651
J.C. Penney Company Inc.