This job posting is no longer active.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers will discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward helping customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Do you like leading a team and watching them excel? Do you enjoy knowing your business inside and out? Do you like interacting with clients and finding ways to make them happy? Do you like partnering with peers to get big results? Do you like being a part of something that’s never been done before? Well…being a Salon Leader in the new jcp might be the position for you! Come be a part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Salon Leader’s role is to understand the levers and indicators that affect the salon business and coach their team of Specialists and Experts to deliver an amazing shopping experience for their clients.
• Responsible for leading your team – You’ve led people before and know how important it is to a) provide your team frequent coaching / feedback, b) focus on differentiating performance across team members, c) empower your team to take control and make good decisions, d) set expectations with your team on what needs to be done and what successful performance looks like, e) find ways to motivate your team to do the best work of their lives, and f) sincerely recognize each and every team member for their individual contribution to the store’s success.
• Responsible for analyzing business performance – You know the numbers. You know what they mean and what affects them on a daily basis. You review reports and any other information you can get your hands on to better understand how and why your business performs the way it does – and then take action to make a difference.
• Supports Talent Management process – You actively search for talent for your salon. You’re quite comfortable hunting for great talent in the market and approaching them about opportunities. There’s no grass that grows under your feet when it comes to finding talent for your openings.
• Responsible for assisting clients – You love interacting with new people as well as greeting old friends that come back into the salon to find something new. On rare occasions you may even provide services to clients to satisfy their needs.
• Supports the execution of the monthly SET – You walk the salon and prepare for new merchandise. You are all about core standards and you work with the team to ensure the salon is presenting an engaging and safe environment.
• Responsible for making visual merchandise decisions – You have a keen interest in keeping the salon clean and visually stimulating for our brands and ultimately your clients. You walk the floor and find opportunities to ensure the merchandise is restocked, replenished, and presented to visual standards and when they’re not…you know just what to do.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
• People Skills – You are outgoing and have no problem striking up a conversation with complete strangers. You like working in a team environment where you help your peers and they help you!
• Business Analytics – You like numbers and metrics and enjoy sharing your insight with others on how you and your team can affect them every day!
• Decision Making – You evaluate situations effectively and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
• Passion for Salon – You love the salon environment. You love being on your feet, moving around, handling product, and making people look and feel great!
*This position requires a current cosmetology license in order to be considered as an applicant.
J.C. Penney Company Inc.