IT Field Operations Technician 1
JCPenney Company, Inc.
JC Penney is searching for talent to transform the company and we want you! We are looking for an IT Field Operations Technician 1 or Tech 2 to partner with our business users to deliver best in class IT support.
Install and support products, processes, and hardware related to our Customers’ daily business operations. The position will play an integral part in the company’s transformation initiatives including but not limited to:
• Develop an understanding of business processes being supported by our operational unit.
• Demonstrate ability to interact with business customers and react accordingly to changing environments and business needs.
• Support the organization’s project management policies, practices, and methodology. Follow operational standards for reporting, monitoring, troubleshooting, and documenting issues.
• Participate in project teams including system upgrades and other IT Field Operations initiatives.
• Analyze and resolve incidents and problems of low complexity, ensuring incidents are updated accurately and in a timely manner. Communicate with IT teams and vendors to resolve local incidents and problems. Participate in turnover meetings.
• Take corrective actions and/or escalate issues appropriately to achieve timely recovery with minimum impact to customer.
• Assist in installation, customization, and maintenance of IT equipment involving physical exertion or lifting up to 50 lbs. of material, tools, equipment, or machines.
• Provide technical support for issues of low to medium complexity, including installation, set-up, maintaining, cabling, and replacing of all standard PC/LAN systems.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Core Competencies & Requirements:
• Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Technical Institute/Associate Degree in Computer Science or Info Systems; equivalent formal training.
• Strong communication skills; written and verbal and sharing of ideas.
• Strong partnering and teamwork skills.
• Customer focus.
• Perform assigned tasks with limited supervision. Manage tasks within allotted time.
• Serial tasking with ability to Multi-task.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of PC / LAN hardware troubleshooting and basic knowledge of workstation hardware/software.
• Working knowledge of Unix and Windows networking and operating system.
• Ability to use Incident, Change and Problem Management software.
• Work experience with IT support, PC/LAN, and other related hardware/software.
J.C. Penney Company Inc.