Associate Engineer – Operations Support
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
- Provides support of Field Operation functions using various tools.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves incidents and problems of level 2 complexity, including but not limited to restoration of service, installation of software/hardware products and coordination of technical projects/improvements involving business partner(s).
- Provides technical assistance to Home Office Information Technology (IT) and Application Support and Maintenance (ASM) groups involving installations and first/second level problem determination. Serves as the on-site liaison between local business partners and technical support groups.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to IT Technicians.
- Manages environmental equipment throughout the facility to ensure a stable operational environment for all installed equipment.
- Works closely with Vendors and supported Customers to ensure needs are met and any issues or problems are resolved with minimal impact.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Has proven work experience within a network or computer operations environment and has good familiarity with IT support infrastructure, Data Center hardware, Environmental equipment, LAN / WAN concepts, and related hardware within the network environment.
- Works effectively in a fast-paced, team based, customer service oriented environment. Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Possess strong partnering skills, knowledge and ability to utilize Incident, Change and problem management tools.
- Completes tasks of Level 2 complexity independently and consequences of error carry moderate risk to the organization.
- Strong understanding of business processes being supported by operational unit including Sortation systems and business infrastructure.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with business customers on a business, operational and technical level with the ability to react to changing environments and business needs.
- Resolves incidents of Level 2 and above complexity including but not limited to hardware, software, peripheral and application problems on Windows & UNIX operating systems and other related hardware/software. Ensures incidents are updated accurately, timely and provides escalation support for IT Technicians.
- Manages local projects of high complexity and leads Field wide projects of medium complexity using the organization’s project management methodology.
- Proactively identifies and investigates trends to prevent problems and escalates as appropriate. Researches and recommends actions for problem resolution.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Associate Engineer Operations Support
Location: Lenexa, KS, United States - JCPenney Catalog 10500 Lackman Rd
Job ID: 1080675
J.C. Penney Company Inc.