This job posting is no longer active.
J. C. Penney Company, Inc., one of the nation's largest apparel and home furnishings retailers, is on a mission to ensure every shopping experience is worth the customer's time, money and effort. Whether shopping jcp.com or visiting one of over 850 store locations across the United States and Puerto Rico, customers will discover a broad assortment of products from a leading portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Supporting this value proposition is the warrior spirit of over 100,000 JCPenney associates worldwide, who are focused on the Company's three strategic priorities of strengthening private brands, becoming a world-class omnichannel retailer and increasing revenue per customer.
As a commission associate in our home department, you are accountable for driving customer service to achieve profitable sales growth by combining in-depth product knowledge and passion for service to build clientele and to drive sales.
- Customer Service & Sales – Approaches customers in a friendly manner to engage, determine needs, and help customers make decisions about desired product or service. Informs customers of key product attributes to generate interest and to build clientele. Covers care/protection plans and suggests additional products to customers.
- General Operations – Participates in inventory processes, Merchandise Transfer Out (MTO), Return to Vendor, Return to Warehouse and Defective Merchandise Transfer Out activities. Completes pricing and signing processes in specialty businesses. Stays uptodate with new trends and styles through industry publications and communications and participates in ongoing technical skills development through company and/or vendorprovided training and skill practice.
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: shrink and safety initiatives, the company’s iCAP program, product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity and attendance
Skills & Experience
To achieve success at JCPenney, a home commission associate will possess the following:
- Drives Results - Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others.
- Builds Ownership – Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes.
- Drives Intensity - Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency.
Job Title: Home Commission Associate - Regency Sq Mall
Location: Jacksonville, FL, United States - Regency Sq Mall 9501 Arlington Expy Ste 105
Job ID: 1079667
J.C. Penney Company Inc.