Warehouse Associate 2
Sr. Detail Assistant
• Diversified administrative, analytical and data support.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Verifies, interprets and/or analyzes information in a variety of methods including:
a. Calculating and/or balancing data
b. Reconciling complex account data
c. Initiating and responding to communications verbally and in writing.
2. Drafts reports, memoranda and other media of a semi-technical nature for management’s review.
3. Computes and verifies data on a variety of subjects.
4. Reviews databases and other documentation to compile information and initiate and respond to inquiries (from internal and external sources) orally and in writing.
5. Performs related clerical and administrative activities, such as typing, data entry, and setting up and maintaining files and databases.
6. Uses PC to input and analyze data in Microsoft Word and Excel.
7. Performs other related tasks as assigned.
• Requires the application of special or skill knowledge and/or pertinent techniques to work assignments; this includes problem solving and editing the work of others.
• Requires ability to work independently, make decisions and edit work of others.
• Requires the ability to communicate (orally and in writing) accurately and/or use arithmetic and basic statistics.
• Requires math skills including fractions/decimals.
• Requires thorough familiarity with departmental and divisional policy and advanced training in subject matter.
• May require proficiency in typing (35 – 45 wpm minimum)
• Requires personal computing, other standard office equipment including computers, scanners, telephones, calculator and fax machines.
• Must be organized, detail oriented, and attentive to follow-through.
• Requires skilled knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Physical Essential Function (Lifting): Occasional 0 – 20lbs
• Two years’ experience in the same or related tasks is preferable
J.C. Penney Company Inc.