Manual and clerical inventory support in processing cartons.
· Checks and inspects cartons to reflect accurate quantity and condition for further processing.
· Prepares cartons for processing by:
o Locating, preparing and affixing appropriate labels
o Packing, labeling and scanning cartons, as required
o Sorting and routing cartons
o Entering appropriate information in inventory systems as acquired
o Loading, unloading, picking, as required.
· Performs processing activities, as assigned.
· Moves cartons from one location to another, either manually or mechanically.
· Performs other manual related tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
· Requires ability to understand and follow general and/or written instructions. May involve use of basic arithmetic.
· Familiarity with use of carton processing equipment (e.g. hand held scanners).
· Ability to learn computer processing item inventory systems.
· Ability to work accurately and quickly.
· Ability to determine which prescribed steps to take to resolve identified discrepancies.
· Six months’ experience in the same or related tasks is preferable.
J.C. Penney Company Inc.