This job posting is no longer active.
Manual and clerical support in sorting, processing and verifying merchandise.
· Prepares merchandise for distribution, including:
o Checks, inspects, and logs data into the appropriate systems to reflect the quantity and condition of merchandise received or distributed.
o Takes necessary steps to prepare merchandise for inventory and distribution.
o Inspects merchandise visually to determine disposition, as assigned.
o Enters/logs appropriate data into on-line systems, as required.
· Moves merchandise from one location to another either manually or mechanically.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Skills & Characteristics
· Requires ability to understand and follow general and/or written instructions. Involves use of elementary arithmetic.
· Familiarity with use of contemporary merchandise processing equipment (e.g. hand held scanners).
· Ability to learn computer processing systems.
· Ability to work efficiently under engineered standards.
· Ability to determine which prescribed steps to take to process problem cartons.
· Six months’ experience in the same or related tasks is preferable.
**up to 90 days seasonal work
J.C. Penney Company Inc.