JCPenney is looking for multiple Security/Asset Protection/Loss Prevention professionals to join our Supply Chain team in east Columbus. These positions are requireworking both weekend days.
The Supply Chain Security Associate's role is to keep their facility safe and profitable at all times by executing company programs and investigating any suspicious activities or behavior in the facility.
- Conduct surveillance: observe associates in the facility, observing and acting upon any suspicious behavior that may be associated with theft, fraud, or impending violence. The ideal candidate has an inquisitive mind, and uses critical thinking skills to dissect concerns in real-time.
Shrinkage awareness: support shrinkage elimination efforts through inspections, as well as education of employees.
- Report writing and record maintenance: providing excellent detail and accuracy in report writing to assist any internal investigation within the building. Collaborate with other AP associates and local law enforcement (if necessary) to all relevant documents and write-ups are provided in a timely and correct manner.
- Respond to emergencies: Be proactive and reactive when needed in emergency situations, which includes administering CPR, correctly operating a fire extinguisher, or other associated duties.
- Maintain facility truck entrance: maintain the timely and flow of truck entering and exiting the facility.
- Utilize the CCTV system: operate a CCTV system, identifying threats related to theft, shrinkage, and violence. Maintain associate and visitor safety through operational compliance.
- Exemplary character, courage, integrity, and reliability
- Previous experience in an AP/LP or security role and/or education in related field is highly preferred
- A "people person", someone that can engage and interact with hourly employees and management alike
- Excellent attention to detail
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to stand and/or walk for more than 4 hours, climb stairs, and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Computer literacy (including, but not limited to: MS Office and email)
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Flexibility with schedule and overtime required as necessary
We offer a generous, comprehensive benefits package, including, but no limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available from 1st day of employment
- Paid Time-Off available after 90 days
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match
- Holiday pay
- Merchandise discount program
Job Title: Asset Protection Associate - Supply Chain
Location: Columbus, OH, United States - JCPenney Catalog 5555 Scarborough Blvd
Job ID: 1062035
J.C. Penney Company Inc.