This job posting is no longer active.
J. C. Penney Company, Inc., one of the nation's largest apparel and home furnishings retailers, is on a mission to ensure every shopping experience is worth the customer's time, money and effort. Whether shopping jcp.com or visiting one of over 1,000 store locations across the United States and Puerto Rico, customers will discover a broad assortment of products from a leading portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Supporting this value proposition is the warrior spirit of over 100,000 JCPenney associates worldwide, who are focused on the Company's three strategic priorities of strengthening private brands, becoming a world-class omnichannel retailer and increasing revenue per customer.
As the Assistant Manager – Merchandise you are accountable for driving customer service to achieve profitable sales growth by leading and engaging associates, reinforcing and supporting standards of merchandising excellence, training and developing associates, and executing sales building programs.
- Customer Service – Models and holds team accountable for outstanding customer service. Actively listens to customer issues to resolve problems. Ensures the team follows core standards for the sales floor, fitting rooms, and checkout in order to deliver a consistent experience with the customer.
- Sales – Drives the planning and execution of sales events. Supports omnichannel initiatives. Drives credit card acquisition. Reviews results and business trends to quickly identify and address areas of opportunity.
- Merchandising & Visual Execution – Owns the floor-set process as well as the merchandising and core standards. Actively walks the floor and strategizes with team to plan and execute all merchandising and visual elements.
- Team Development – Plays an active role in the training and development of associates; coaches in the moment, addresses performance issues, and partners with the General Manager on succession planning for the store.
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Skills & Experience
To achieve success at JCPenney, a manager will possess the following:
- Work experience- Minimum of 2 years retail leadership experience
- Education- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results. Provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive relationships: establishes strong networks, shows respect for different styles, and communicates effectively to a wide audience.
- Drives Change - Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude. Coaches others through change.
- Shows Courage – A confident leader; willing to take on challenging assignments. Acts in accordance with beliefs and deals with conflict quickly and in a positive manner.
Job Title: Assistant Manager in Training - CO Springs
Location: Colorado Springs, CO, United States - The Citadel 680 Citadel Dr E
Job ID: 1039876
J.C. Penney Company Inc.