As the Assistant Manager of Merchandise,
you will contribute to profitable sales growth by leading and engaging associates, managing company merchandise standards and execution, training and developing associates, and executing sales building programs to enhance the customer experience through driving performance standards. Primary Responsibilities
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Merchandise Execution - Owns in-stock levels through merchandise replenishment activities. Maintains high merchandise presentations standards, actively leads the team in planning and execution of all merchandise and visual elements in the store
- Customer Service and Sales- Models, coaches, and holds team accountable for outstanding customer service. Oversees the Manager on Duty program to ensure that associates are actively engaged, and customers are serviced appropriately.
- Omnichannel - Supports Omnichannel initiatives to further drive sales and customer service. Owns the training and coaching on all Omnichannel initiatives and processes
- Specialty Businesses: Responsible for driving sales growth in Fine jewelry, Window & Mattress business by leading and engaging associates. Owns the planning and execution of special events within specialty businesses.
- Team Development - Partners with store management team to source and hire store talent for hourly positions. Plays an active role in the training and development of associates; coaches in the moment, addresses performance issues.
- Performance Standards - Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to shrink and safety initiatives, Omnichannel, scheduling efficiency, associate relations, engagement, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
To achieve success at JCPenney, a manager will possess the following competencies:
- Prioritizes Customers: Puts customer needs first and prioritizes what matters most to them. Identifies and removes barriers to provide excellent service and experiences.
- Takes Accountability: Takes responsibility for excellent customer experiences and reliably delivers solutions that meet customer needs.
- Produces Results: Demonstrates a sense of urgency to act decisively and quickly while establishing aggressive goals and takes appropriate risks to achieve results.
- Works Collaboratively:Collaborates cross-functionally by sharing information, seeking input from diverse perspectives, and working towards shared goals.
What you get:
- Work experience- Minimum of 2 years retail leadership experience
- Education- bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Eligible for bonus under the Management Incentive Plan.
If eligible, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays*, and 401(k) with Company match. All associates are eligible for an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. For paid holidays, associates who are eligible for paid vacation (MTO) are also eligible for eight paid holidays during the calendar year. *For paid vacation days, as well as eligibility requirements for other benefits, please visit http://www.yourjcpbenefits.comAbout JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality, and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty, and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when, and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2024, JCPenney celebrates 122 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom
to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook
Job Title: Assistant Manager Merchandise
Location: San Antonio, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1116954
J.C. Penney Company Inc.