Health and Welfare Benefits Manager
The Benefits Consultant will support and assist the Benefits Director with day-to-day management of associate benefits programs. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Plan and execute implementation and administration of employee benefit programs such as health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and other plans
- Assist in developing an overall company benefits strategy, including implementing new plans, modifying existing plans, developing company wellness policy and ensuring that the company's offerings are competitive within the markets it operates in
- Monitor budget allocations for employee benefits
- Analyze participation and utilization for all benefits on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Analyze benefits experience for cost-control and risk-assessment factors.
- Ensure compliance of benefits administration with federal and state laws, including IRS and Department of Labor regulations
- Administer and evaluate wellness and healthcare educational programs to promote healthy lifestyles and changes in health care utilization and compliance
- Manage the benefits plan renewal process and open enrollment
Enjoy a rewarding career at JCPenney Corporate, where we offer a competitive benefits package, a vibrant work environment, and the opportunity to make a difference at one of America's most iconic retailers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field, preferred
- Minimum 5 - 7 years benefits experience in multi-state company
- Knowledge of federal and state-wide regulations pertaining to benefits (FMLA, ERISA, COBRA, ADA, Section 125, workers' comp, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements)
- Knowledge of plan designs
- Generous benefits: Medical/dental/vision insurance starting on day one, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
- On-site amenities: Daycare, Grab & Go Store, Coffee Shop, the Local Kitchen, fitness center, free garage parking, golf simulator, arcade, pickleball courts, and vibrant co-working spaces, meeting rooms and wellness rooms.
- Exciting location: Our corporate office is located in the heart of Legacy West, a vibrant new development in Plano, Texas, with plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Opportunities for growth and development: We are committed to helping our employees grow their careers and develop their skills. We offer a variety of training and development programs, as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Collaborative and supportive culture: We believe in creating a workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We encourage teamwork and collaboration, and we are always looking for ways to support our employees' success.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Health and Welfare Benefits Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1116787
J.C. Penney Company Inc.