Senior Manager, Owned Media Strategy - Marketing
The Senior Manager, Owned Media Strategy
will lead the development, execution and management of email, SMS, and Push programs for the JCPenney customer base. The position is responsible for the strategy and execution of one of our largest marketing channels with focus on campaigns that drive customer engagement, retention, loyalty and brand advocacy. The position will report to the Director, Owned Media. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Capabilities & Accomplishments:
- Define and develop email strategy with content, relevancy, smart segmentation and personalization to drive awareness, improve engagement, and grow pipeline.
- Lead development of campaign strategies and plans. Makes recommendations regarding how to most effectively engage customers within the email, SMS, and push channels.
- Own and manage email, SMS, and push campaigns end to end from development, execution, analysis, and reporting
- Work cross functionally to ensure that enterprise objectives are met while delivering customer-first messaging.
- Execute campaign strategies and ensure full alignment across digital and direct channels.
- Leverage data to prioritize initiatives, including building projections and working with analysts to ensure accurate measurement and evaluation of efforts
- Lead and design story telling email framework to support marketing/business promotions and products.
- Develop A/B testing strategies to optimize communications, content, layouts, and CTAs for improved engagement and conversion rates.
- Analyze campaign results and provide insights to refine future campaigns, leveraging data to make informed decisions.
- Monitor the marketplace to keep ahead on best practices, best-in-class vendor opportunities and strategies of our competitors and other leading marketers
- Serve as a liaison on behalf of the email team and fosters strong relationships with site merchants, creative, coding, e-commerce and IT (along with other marketing departments) to ensure consensus and seamless partnerships throughout email campaign development and execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 6+ years of Customer Relationship Marketing, Email Marketing, or Ecommerce experience with a focus on owned media strategy. Retail category experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of email, SMS, and push marketing platforms, tools, and best practices.
- Strong project management skills
- Work well in a responsive business environment
- Subject matter expert on the implementation of data-driven dynamic and personalized content within email, SMS, and Push
- Knowledge of data selection and the ability to synthesize and analyze data to identify trends and marketing opportunities.
- Enterprise-level owned media strategy experience; must have experience developing, coordinating and managing strategic email, SMS, and push campaigns and marketing testing plan
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and drive decision making process.
- Leadership experience with the ability to mentor, coach and develop direct reports.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) is a plus
Enjoy a rewarding career at JCPenney Corporate, where we offer a competitive benefits package, a vibrant work environment, and the opportunity to make a difference at one of America's most iconic retailers.
- Generous benefits: Medical/dental/vision insurance starting on day one, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
- On-site amenities: Daycare, Grab & Go Store, Coffee Shop, the Local Kitchen, fitness center, free garage parking, golf simulator, arcade, pickleball courts, and vibrant co-working spaces, meeting rooms and wellness rooms.
- Exciting location: Our corporate office is located in the heart of Legacy West, a vibrant new development in Plano, Texas, with plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Opportunities for growth and development: We are committed to helping our employees grow their careers and develop their skills. We offer a variety of training and development programs, as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Collaborative and supportive culture: We believe in creating a workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We encourage teamwork and collaboration, and we are always looking for ways to support our employees' success.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Owned Media Strategy
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1116760
J.C. Penney Company Inc.