This job posting is no longer active.
Procurement Sourcing Senior Specialist - Logistics
An intermediate-level role that leads and supports purchasing and supply management activities for Logistics services with value goals driven by mitigating risk, achieving cost reductions, and service level improvements. The Sourcing Senior Specialist reports to the Sourcing Sr. Manager.Primary Responsibilities:
- Through a defined sourcing methodology, lead, develop, negotiate, support, and execute sourcing strategies with focus on total cost of ownership and value across various Logistics & Transportation modes such as Truckload, Intermodal, LTL, Small Parcel, Final Mile, Ocean, and Air.
- Interfaces successfully with the various business units and departments to ensure collaborative, timely, and effective approaches to identifying value opportunities, sourcing events and project implementations.
- Develops understanding of descriptions of the product, capabilities, and service offerings with a focus to seek to understand strengths and opportunities of provider base.
- Strategically align with internal stakeholders (Risk, Legal, and Business) to determine and mitigate contractual, operational, and cost related risks.
- Negotiates preferable costs and contract terms on behalf of internal stakeholders and in the best interest of JCPenney.
- Ability to present sourcing or project results to internal stakeholders and influence decisions related to procurement activities.
- Gathers complex data, draws category specific insights, and executes analysis for sourcing initiatives and market intelligence.
- Prepare actionable reports and spend related forecast to be reviewed by business units and leadership.
- Build and maintains key stakeholder relationships.
- Assists Sourcing Manager and Senior Managers with active day-to-day vendor and stakeholder relationship management.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Works closely with Sourcing Managers and Sourcing Senior Manager to implement category sourcing strategies.
- Partners with internal business stakeholders to obtain perspective on requirements for sourcing activities and ensure adherence to established procedures.
- Engages with suppliers to ensure contract compliance and address day-to-day issues and inquiries.
- Reviews with Legal, Finance, and other business functions to obtain needed support.
Enjoy a rewarding career at JCPenney Corporate, where we offer a competitive benefits package, a vibrant work environment, and the opportunity to make a difference at one of America's most iconic retailers.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years related purchasing / buying / sourcing industry experience.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills with comfort using standard analysis methods and tools.
- Is proactive, inquisitive, self-motivated and has a growth mindset.
- Be able to perform in a demanding environment while juggling multiple competing priorities.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, the ability to gather and analyze data, assess risks / gaps and make recommendations.
- Must be proficient with MS Office products; specifically, Word and Excel
- Responsible for driving results on projects, implementing change, and reporting progress to leadership.
- Generous benefits: Medical/dental/vision insurance starting on day one, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
- On-site amenities: Daycare, Grab & Go Store, Coffee Shop, the Local Kitchen, fitness center, free garage parking, golf simulator, arcade, pickleball courts, and vibrant co-working spaces, meeting rooms and wellness rooms.
- Exciting location: Our corporate office is located in the heart of Legacy West, a vibrant new development in Plano, Texas, with plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Opportunities for growth and development: We are committed to helping our employees grow their careers and develop their skills. We offer a variety of training and development programs, as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Collaborative and supportive culture: We believe in creating a workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We encourage teamwork and collaboration, and we are always looking for ways to support our employees' success.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Procurement Sourcing Senior Specialist - Logistics
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1116748
J.C. Penney Company Inc.