Sr. Manager - Human Resources
The Senior Manager
will support their Logistics business leaders by developing and executing HR initiatives designed to advance performance, retain talent, and build associate engagement within the Logistics Center.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Collaborates with Logistics business leaders to develop and implement talent strategies, initiatives, and solutions that support business needs.
- Provides expert counsel and coaching to leaders and all Logistics associates on HR programs, policies and procedures, associate relations issues, conflict resolution, change management, inclusion & diversity, performance management and organizational development and design.
- Oversees the development and implementation of succession planning and talent reviews that identify top talent, expose talent gaps and builds marketing capabilities.
- Leads the talent acquisition and recruiting process by partnering with leaders to source and staff a diverse workforce and ensure a positive onboarding experience.
- Responsible for associate engagement and continuously looks for creative solutions to improve engagement through HR initiatives. Conducts stay and exit interviews as well as department townhalls to track trends and provide key insights. Enhance associate's engagement by resolving issues promptly.
- Oversees associate relations to ensure alignment with company policies, procedures and employment laws. Will take appropriate action in dual role of associate advocate and management coach and conduct interviews as appropriate.
- Responsible for the leading benefits administration and annual enrollment for the Logistics Center
- Serve as a subject matter expert on HR initiatives as needed.
- Ensure compliance with state and local labor regulations.
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of HR experience.
- Experience working in an HR logistics or supply chain environment preferred.
- Growth mindset, drives connectivity, takes initiative, proactive in impacting engagement.
- Strong, demonstrated proficiency with communication skills, influence, adaptability/flexibility, and building relationships.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: HR Sr Manager
Location: Columbus, OH, United States -
Job ID: 1116702
J.C. Penney Company Inc.