Senior Director of Product - Marketing & Pricing
The Senior Director of Product Managementis responsible for creating the operating model to delivering a portfolio of customer-facing products for Marketing and Pricing. They will work closely with the VP of Product to create a Product organization that is Strategic in delivering outcomes to the Customer and the Pricing Organization & Customers. The Sr. Director will own the Product Strategy for both Marketing and Pricing, working with the Senior leadership, ensuring a multiyear/multi quarter alignment is achieved to deliver the right business results. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Pricing, Personalization, identity, Engineering, Data science counterparts to lead and grow a core product team of personalization and experimentation.
- Own and drive roadmap with clear views of outcomes and business benefits
- Partner with Engineering on the what and the how working with that team to determine path towards delivery(build Vs buy) and prioritize
- Guide and lead the teams through OKR driven product teams
- Manage team of Directors, Sr Managers, Product Managers and Product Analysts for a defined product portfolio including individual performance management as well as management of business results.
- Foster transformational mindset in developing individuals and teams to improve the product practice at JCP
- Ability to develop team culture and deepen leadership experience for members of the Product Organization
- Manage performance of direct reports and ensure the quality the team products meets JCPenney transformation standards
- Build cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders critical to the delivery of the product portfolio
- Prioritize portfolio investment to maximize benefit/return to customers/company based on JCPenney strategy.
- Lead development of cross-product strategy and capability roadmap with other Product & Engineering teams.
- Define business benefits feature sets, as well as conduct product research to develop product strategy.
- Complete opportunity assessments in a quick-to-market agile environment. Including, but not limited to: synthesizing high level business requirements, identifying required capabilities and calling out areas of uncertainty and recommending solutions
- Support cross-product prioritization with multiple Product Managers and peer Technology teams.
- Monitor product for all defined KPI's to ensure best in class customer experience as part of daily responsibilities
- Develop and adopt Product Operating framework to guide the team in to building a strong team
- Monitor industry trends and identify opportunities to improve existing customer facing products.
- Summarize and communicate business results for the product portfolio leveraging analytics & sales data, customer survey and other feedback with accountability for business results.
- Partner with Site Operations and support teams to triage and prioritize critical product issues.
- Negotiate and resolve problems and escalate as required
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness of product methodology and product scope across teams
Enjoy a rewarding career at JCPenney Corporate, where we offer a competitive benefits package, a vibrant work environment, and the opportunity to make a difference at one of America's most iconic retailers.
- 10+ Years of experience with 4+ years of Product leadership across Marketing technology, segmentation, personalization and experimentation
- Retail marketing product experience required.
- Passion for working through ambiguity and transformation is a must!
- Passion for working in a fast pace agile digital environment is a must!
- Relevant agile software development and Product Manager experience with proven track record of delivering successful customer facing site features and improvements.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent analytical skills on how to build business cases, measure benefits and communicate results to Sr. Leadership.
- Superior relationship building with cross-functional teams to deliver results through excellent partnership, communication and negotiating skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams, communicate effectively, adjust priorities based on business results, and work in a continuously changing environment to meet critical deadlines
- Highly motivated to be develop teams and manage ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Experience conceptualizing, evaluating, and negotiating 3rd party strategic partnerships
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Generous benefits: Medical/dental/vision insurance starting on day one, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
- On-site amenities: Daycare, Grab & Go Store, Coffee Shop, the Local Kitchen, fitness center, free garage parking, golf simulator, arcade, pickleball courts, and vibrant co-working spaces, meeting rooms and wellness rooms.
- Exciting location: Our corporate office is located in the heart of Legacy West, a vibrant new development in Plano, Texas, with plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Opportunities for growth and development: We are committed to helping our employees grow their careers and develop their skills. We offer a variety of training and development programs, as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Collaborative and supportive culture: We believe in creating a workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We encourage teamwork and collaboration, and we are always looking for ways to support our employees' success.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Director of Product Marketing & Pricing
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1116645
J.C. Penney Company Inc.