Sourcing Sr Specialist - Global Sourcing
The Sourcing Sr Specialist
will report to the Sourcing Director (and/or Sourcing Manager) and focus on the strategic sourcing of products to support our growing Merchandising organization. In this role, you will work closely with the Sourcing organization to develop and execute strategies and negotiate product costs to help drive key corporate initiatives within the Merchandising department. You will work within the Sourcing organization to champion improved processes with lower expense and decreased risk to the business.Primary Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of cost competitive services, as requested by internal business clients
- Execute a disciplined strategic sourcing process with a focus on continuous improvement in total cost, innovation, quality and service
- Interface successfully with the company's various business units and departments to ensure collaborative, timely and effective approaches to sourcing events and project implementations
- Negotiate preferable costs and delivery on behalf of the internal stakeholders and for the best interest of the Company
- Maintain detailed product costs records
- Manage projects from in-take through purchase order execution
- Execute supplier risk mitigation strategies
- Identifies and implements process improvements in assigned categories
- Present negotiation results to internal stakeholders and influences decisions related to procurement activities
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Monitor quality and delivery performance metrics and implement improvement initiatives
- Responsible for driving results on projects, implementing change and reporting progress to leadership
Enjoy a rewarding career at JCPenney Corporate, where we offer a competitive benefits package, a vibrant work environment, and the opportunity to make a difference at one of America's most iconic retailers.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 3-5 years related purchasing, buying or sourcing industry experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience building presentation decks
- Strong problem-solving skills and maintain attention to detail to ensure successful project execution
- Perform in a demanding environment while juggling multiple competing priorities
- Position requires strong negotiation skills, the ability to gather and analyze data, assess risks / gaps and make recommendations
- Must be proficient with MS Office products; specifically, Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Understanding of Oracle ERP, applications a plus
- Generous benefits: Medical/dental/vision insurance starting on day one, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
- On-site amenities: Daycare, Grab & Go Store, Coffee Shop, the Local Kitchen, fitness center, free garage parking, golf simulator, arcade, pickleball courts, and vibrant co-working spaces, meeting rooms and wellness rooms.
- Exciting location: Our corporate office is located in the heart of Legacy West, a vibrant new development in Plano, Texas, with plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Opportunities for growth and development: We are committed to helping our employees grow their careers and develop their skills. We offer a variety of training and development programs, as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Collaborative and supportive culture: We believe in creating a workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We encourage teamwork and collaboration, and we are always looking for ways to support our employees' success.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Sourcing Sr. Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1116608
J.C. Penney Company Inc.