Senior Manager Casting and Styling
The Sr. Casting & Styling Manager
is responsible for leading, developing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Casting & Styling team. The Sr. Manager will provide guidance and thought leadership to their team through a deep and relevant understanding of the JCP Brand, all while having a keen eye on current trends in fashion and consumer insights. Reporting into the Director of Photography Operations & Production, this person will be responsible for ensuring their team of Styling Directors & Casting associates, meet all of the casting & styling needs to support all JCP Creative Marketing needs. Supports the company's retail advertising, Ecommerce, visual merchandising and business communication needs.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Lead, direct and oversees all day to day activates, resources of the Casting & Styling team.
- Provides industry expertise and builds plans to differentiate the imaging experience for customers. Ability to source and and find new and relevant talent to meet all JCP business needs.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, training, development and performance management to the team.
- Describes the strategic importance of the department's vision inside and outside of team.
- Strategically develops and communicates the department vision that supports the broader organization vision. Ability to showcase and present to Sr. Leadership a specific point via presentations, decks and overview documents.
- Support the Director Photo Operations & Production in building and reporting key metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Oversees the team's schedules, travel and project assignments to ensure resources are available for all key milestones.
- Develops ongoing talent searches for new faces to represent the JCP Brand.
- Coordinates with Buyers, Product Development Associates, Trend, Brand Development, and Marketing Specialists regarding merchandise and accessories on a seasonal basis to ensure teams are aligned on seasonal direction.
- Creates monthly and seasonal presentation of recommended casting and styling direction for all JCP Brands.
- Creates, updates and manages workflows and procedures for all teams and key stakeholders.
- Consistently looking for new ways of improving processes and creating efficiencies.
- Creates the organization and objectives of client departments, including business strategy and future planning in order to meet advertising, marketing, and communications needs.
Enjoy a rewarding career at JCPenney Corporate, where we offer a competitive benefits package, a vibrant work environment, and the opportunity to make a difference at one of America's most iconic retailers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion, Retail, Marketing Communication Arts or related field preferred
- 5-7 years' experience in with relevant background in styling and casting in a retail environment.
- Professional experience in a high volume, high production operations environment
- Proficient creating and analyzing operational performance metrics
- Experience managing a team/function
- Retail/Ecommerce category experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide clear direction and set priorities for studio operations.
- Must be a self starter, easily adaptable and flexible
- Generous benefits: Medical/dental/vision insurance starting on day one, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
- On-site amenities: Daycare, Grab & Go Store, Coffee Shop, the Local Kitchen, fitness center, free garage parking, golf simulator, arcade, pickleball courts, and vibrant co-working spaces, meeting rooms and wellness rooms.
- Exciting location: Our corporate office is located in the heart of Legacy West, a vibrant new development in Plano, Texas, with plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Opportunities for growth and development: We are committed to helping our employees grow their careers and develop their skills. We offer a variety of training and development programs, as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Collaborative and supportive culture: We believe in creating a workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We encourage teamwork and collaboration, and we are always looking for ways to support our employees' success.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Manager Casting and Styling
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1116541
J.C. Penney Company Inc.