Sr, Manager, Marketing Effectiveness
The Sr. Manager Marketing Effectiveness
will be responsible for developing, planning and reporting a set of marketing KPI's detailing overall marketing effectiveness. In this role, you will be responsible for collaboratively creating measurable KPIs that provide strategic insight to the impact of marketing on organizational priorities. In addition this position is responsible for communicating regular updates to Marketing Leadership with thoughtful data led insights in order to inform cross functional strategies and tactical adjustments. This role will maintain a non-biased data led view on improving overall marketing efficiency. In partnership with data and customer engagement teams, this role oversees the meaningful application of data to define business opportunities, identify competitive weaknesses, for optimization of media channels and communication content. You will be continually asking "why" and never accepting data at face value to draw out key insights to inform agile shifts, hind sighted learnings and and future strategies. Essentially, you drive a feedback loop of data and insight always identifying areas of improvement and opportunity. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing Effectiveness.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Establish and maintain KPIs for marketing effectiveness.
- Develop insight driven dashboards and communications to enable the broader marketing department to measure progress towards objectives.
- Leveraging advanced analytics as evidence, translation of data into clear, compelling, and actionable marketing relevant insights
- Collaborate cross functionally to ensure KPIs are clearly understood, aligned across organizations and transparent to leadership.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of marketing activities, regularly reporting on key metrics and informing adjustments as needed. Includes areas such as media effectiveness, promotional effectiveness and content effectiveness.
- Assist in the development of seasonal commercial objectives in partnership with Commercial Planning in support of Corporate Objectives.
- Present insights and recommendations to multi levels of associates from time to time, including to Marketing Leadership or cross functional partners.
- Collaborate with marketing partners and strategy teams to understand business and marketing objectives and develop analytics approaches to meet those objectives
- Centralize data from multiple sources into cohesive analyses with clear narratives that tie insights to creative and media strategy
- Lead the creation of various reporting products, including a comprehensive monthly, cross-discipline marketing effectiveness radar
- Work in partnership with commercial planning, FP&A, Customer Engagement, Campaign Strategy, Integrated Marketing and Media partners
What you get:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in data led fields with exposure to Corporate or Marketing Strategy.
- Ideal candidate will have a foundation of strong analytic skills through either education or experience (Math, Statistics, Engineering or Finance) and experience in Marketing or Channel Strategy
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Business required. Master's degree a plus.
- Strong understanding of analytical best practices, statistical measurement and reporting required.
- Ability to synthesize data and operate in an agile environment for a rapidly evolving marketing strategy.
- A real appreciation for the value and impact of marketing/communication and the role of channels to impact customer journeys. .
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with strategic planning and delivering data led insights, beyond just reporting data, required.
- Be a thought leader and cultivate a culture of out of the box thinking and innovation, a change agent and cross functional peer leader.
- Perpetual curiosity to look for answers beneath the obvious yet informed by accurate data analysis
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Sr. Manager,Marketing Effectiveness
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114774
J.C. Penney Company Inc.