Legal Property Senior Specialist
The Legal Property Senior Specialist
works under the supervision of multiple attorneys, performs all legal assistance and/or paralegal functions related to the Company's real estate portfolio and handles certain responsibilities in which the Sr Specialist exercises discretion and independent non-legal judgment with respect to matters of significance.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Gathers factual information relative to real estate issues, providing general assistance to attorneys, and prepares summaries of factual findings, legal research, and/or sequential and chronological events for attorneys.
- Evaluates incoming documentation and data relating to real estate issues, determines appropriate course of action to be taken and implements strategy after consultation with responsible attorney.
- Handles general inquiries relating to real estate matter status and/or acts in a liaison relationship within the organization to facilitate efficient workflow in legal matters or projects and may undertake basic legal work and prepare reports or draft correspondence.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all aspects of the department's work and its context in the organization as a whole, and maintains an awareness of, and stays up to date with changes in laws and procedures, specifically relating to the real estate practice area.
- Works with Property Development department regarding procedures, processes and/or projects related to legal matters, as required and appropriate to obtain information and data, and to ensure adherence to legal requirements.
- May provide back-up support to other Legal Associates.
What you get:
- College degree or comparable paralegal experience and/or paralegal certificate from ABA accredited paralegal program is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience in commercial real estate transactions.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate closing documents and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, multi-tasking, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and use of collaborative solutions in handling issues or tasks.
- Versatility in dealing with legal staff, clients, title companies and assignments.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required; experience with iManage preferred.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Legal Property Senior Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114771
J.C. Penney Company Inc.