This job posting is no longer active.
Buyer - Beauty, Fragrance (In-Office)
The Buyer - Beauty, Fragrance
plans, purchases, communicates and controls merchandising, pricing and marketing strategies for assigned lines of business as required; while maximizing sales & profits and increase market share for JCPenney Stores and JCP.com Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Develops a competitive merchandise assortment plan that is customer focused and monitors and adjusts sales plan by staying abreast of fashion/industry trends and competition
- Builds strong product assortment with suppliers, negotiates pricing and inventory in assigned categories
- Evaluate suppliers on new and existing products, including but not limited to quality, pricing, shipping time, customer demand and return on investment
- Manage the selection and bidding process of new and existing suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Integrates brand, sourcing, marketing and retail supply chain functions into the merchandising process to make business decisions
- Attends trade shows and conferences to research new industry trends and products
- Identifies items to maximize promotional and marketing strategies and determines lifecycle of each item. Provides input in creating the exit strategy and inventory aging standards.
- Trains, coaches and develops Assistant and Associate Buyers
- Ability to recognize, analyze and quantify market trends
Enjoy a rewarding career at JCPenney Corporate, where we offer a competitive benefits package, a vibrant work environment, and the opportunity to make a difference at one of America's most iconic retailers.
- Must have experience in Beauty, preferably in Fragrances
- College degree or equivalent business experience
- 4-6+ years merchandising experience; preferably with a large organization in a similar role
- Thorough knowledge of buying and operations gained through progressive buying experience
- Assortment optimization and Business Planning
- Supplier and Price Management
- Strong Decision Making ability and Negotiation Skills
- Demonstrates Courage/Conviction
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required
- Generous benefits: Medical/dental/vision insurance starting on day one, term life insurance, paid vacation, holidays & wellness days, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
- On-site amenities: Daycare, Grab & Go Store, Coffee Shop, the Local Kitchen, fitness center, free garage parking, golf simulator, arcade, pickleball courts, walking paths, vibrant co-working spaces, meeting rooms and wellness rooms.
- Exciting location: Our corporate office is located in the heart of Legacy West, a vibrant development in Plano, Texas, with plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Opportunities for growth and development: We are committed to helping our employees grow their careers and develop their skills. We offer a variety of training and development programs, as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Collaborative and supportive culture: We believe in creating a workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We encourage teamwork and collaboration, and we are always looking for ways to support our employees' success.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Buyer Beauty, Fragrance (In Office)
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114766
J.C. Penney Company Inc.