This job posting is no longer active.
Styling SpecialistJCPenney Company, Inc. Plano, Texas
The Styling Specialist
is responsible for providing operational and administrative support on styling projects. Works with all divisions of JCPenney including women's, men's, kids, accessories, home and footwear ensuring optimum style and brand consistency. The Styling Specialist works closely with teams across every production phase to ensure that each shoot has accurate product, as well as wrapping up each job with attention to detail returning samples and completing expenses.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Works closely with all members of the Styling Team to assist during photo production phase; this will include a wide range of sample related tasks.
- Works daily in the JCP HQ Styling Room, unless cross-training on set with a Stylist Sr Specialist.
- Assists in creating monthly seasonal styling presentations by collecting merchandise info, doing industry & trend research, and pulling additional creative inspiration from various sources.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends, especially as it relates to JCP private brands and styling direction for JCPenney's.
- Builds a network of contacts with MAT teams, sample team, studio team and mailroom to facilitate and help coordinate samples or resources available to the Styling team.
- Assists in creating photo decks with accurate product info for each new merchandise set of shoes and accessories given to Styling Team
- Oversees the organization of all props and accessories within the styling sample room and helps ensure freelance teams are returning props properly.
- Helps coordinate gathering and returning product for shoots; via internal sample room, shopping in store or online, ordering from vendors.
What you get:
- College degree, certificate in fashion or interior design or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 1-3 years' experience in retail advertising with fashion styling background or related photography/design functions. Onset studio experience preferred.
- Strong project management, time management, verbal and written communications.
- A librarian's sensibility to physically organize and manage a room full of multiple samples
- Proactive and resourceful problem solver
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Styling Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114747
J.C. Penney Company Inc.