This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Adv Art Director (Manager)J.C. Penney Company, Inc.Plano, Texas
JCPenney is seeking an experienced conceptual and collaborative art director with an acute sense of detail to bring retail marketing strategies to life in digital, print, content stories, social, broadcast and other projects as assigned. Candidate's work will align to company objectives, with the goal of increasing customer engagement. Candidate should have no fewer than eight years' experience in art direction and design.
This position joins a team of art directors and reports to an ACD in the JCPenney marketing department. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Create compelling design for seasonal toolkits, brand launches, digital assets, social media, print collateral and special projects that achieves the Company's priorities of driving traffic, promoting immediate sales and achieving the Company's fashion and brand image goals.
- Use vital information from creative briefs and effectively apply it to creative executions that will motivate customers.
- Ensure details of projects are on-brand, thoroughly thought out and well designed.
- Effectively communicate with project management to ensure projects meet deadlines and the requirements of the project.
- Be a student of retail, offer insights on current retail landscape and competitor set.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Advertising
- 8 or more years of design, graphic arts, and production-agency or in-house marketing experience preferred
- Retail fashion experience preferred
- Significant experience in layout for print, digital and social media with proven graphic skills
- Strong typography skills with close attention to details such as size, message hierarchy, kerning and leading
- Photo art direction experience (lifestyle, studio, on-figure, stills)
- Motion graphics or animation experience a plus
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles
- Demonstrated creativity and aesthetic sensitivity
- Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills
- Demonstrated strong conceptual thinking
- Demonstrated understanding of company's business needs, and the ability to concept and deliver compelling solutions that align with overall creative strategy
- Proven ability to listen and act on stakeholder feedback with creative solutions and a positive attitude
- Ability to present work confidently to colleagues and various levels of upper management
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated and adaptable to change
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with Adobe After Effects is a plus.
- Maturity and a can-do attitude
- Embody a growth mindset
- Excellent time management and communication skills
Note: Please submit a link to online portfolio with your application. What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Adv Art Director (Manager)
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1114760
J.C. Penney Company Inc.